World of Battleships announced
Wargaming.net, publisher of World of Tanks and the upcoming World of Warplanes, has now announced a third warfare MMO – World of Battleships.
Based on historic 20th century battles, ships will have a variety of firepower, speed, armor, and endurance, while maps will offer weather conditions as part of their challenge in battle.
World of Battleships will remain free-to-play. As the third part of the “World of” trilogy that lets players battle on land, air, or sea, World of Battleships will also let players exchange resources between the games.
World of Battleships Gameplay Screenshot
Wargaming.net Declares Naval Warfare
World of Battleships Weighs Anchor
London, UK, Paris, FR and San Francisco, CA (16th August, 2011) — Wargaming.net, the award-winning videogame publisher and developer, announces World of Battleships, a free-to-play naval action MMO based on epic sea battles of the 20th century that will complete the “World of” war trilogy.
Keeping with the best traditions of the series, World of Battleships will offer a straightforward interface, easy-to-use controls, and a common economic system that will allow players to distribute resources between the three games for the ultimate progress in each of them.
The large assortment of available warships will give various tactical opportunities, as all the machines have a unique combination of firepower, speed, armor, and endurance. Various naval maps with changing weather conditions will enrich the gameplay, and the realistic graphics will transport players into the epic battles that changed the course of human history.
Wargaming.net CEO Victor Kislyi. States, “Humans always needed to conquer the elements — earth, water and air. With World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Battleships we will offer players to conquer all, simultaneously.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeon of the Endless Releases Organic Matters DLC
- Amplitude Studios has officially unlocked the all new Organic Matters update for rogue-like, dungeon-defense hit, Dungeon of the Endless.
- Scarlet Legacy & Asda 2 release Valentine's Events
- GamesCampus has announced Valentine's events for two of its games: Scarlet Legacy and Asda 2.
- Forge of Empires reveals details about happiness and PvP
- InnoGames has revealed new information about Forge of Empires, its upcoming browser strategy game.