Wild West Online Launches Into Closed Alpha
The highly-anticipated Western MMO, Wild West Online officially launches into Closed Alpha today as a series of closed tests. The developer hopes to ensure server stability and acquire useful feedback to make sure the game works as intended which is important. Across this multi-week test, players will enter a “Gold Rush” setting, when the West was young and the Gold Fever had settled in. Many activities will involve gold in some manner, from finding it, mining streams and deposits, grouping with others to establish mining camps before then transporting it to town for in-game money. However, outlaws are afoot, which are other players that willingly take up the Black Hat. They’ll try to ambush, kill, steal and ruin the hard work of these brave miners. Players can also embark on exploratory explorations in search of treasure loot chests and rare plants that can be used to craft medical remedies. Throughout the game, players can upgrade their weapons, tools and unlock new cosmetic items.
“Rather than present ‘Alpha Early Access’ as a fully functional product that still has a multitude of bugs and needs more time to reach stability, we are instead using the term ‘Alpha’ in a more traditional way” said Executive Producer Stephan Bugaj. “This is a rough version of what the game will be, but it’s not a fully scoped game. We’re giving players a glimpse at what the game will be, as well a chance to directly influence our development process by giving feedback in response to a true game Alpha. We want to hear constructive feedback and work with our community to build a game that can be enjoyed for many years to come.”
Interested players can purchase Wild West Online at the link below to enter this development phase.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Brave Frontier and The King of Fighters Collaboration Announced
- From July 15 to August 12, players can recruit renowned rumblers of the series into their Brave Frontier squad.
- The Secret World: Fall of Tokyo Story Pack Now Available
- Funcom's The Secret World just got updated with the all new Fall of Tokyo pack. It is the ultimate Tokyo story pack and contains all the ...
- Call of Combat: WW2 Strategy Game Starts Kickstarter Campaign
- The prequel of Call of Combat was developed in 2002 by the student Florian Käding as a private project. The game was a multiplayer squad-base...