Webzen Releases New Advanced Class for C9: Demonisher
WEBZEN, a global leader in next-generation free-to-play games, releases a brand new class for the adrenaline-pumping 3D Action MMORPG, CONTINENT OF THE NINTH SEAL (C9). Starting Wednesday, July 24, 2013 (Global Server Time), C9 actionists will be able access DEMONISHER, the newest advanced class for the Shaman. In addition, WEBZEN will host a gamer gear giveaway and special events to celebrate the game’s first anniversary.
Featuring long-range magical attacks and incredible surges of strength, DEMONISHER is the fifth advancement within the Shaman class. Utilizing a mystical orb as her primary weapon, this character can launch powerful offensive strikes, while evading attacks from her enemies. By tapping into the power of the orb, she can transform into another being and inflict explosive damage on all those who oppose her. After transformation, the character’s speed increases and some of her skills are strengthened. DEMONISHER can also assist her allies in battle by enfeebling her enemies.
The Ikejan Mages, an ancient order that has protected Glenheim, sought a way to maximize the connection with the spirits to defend the Sixth Continent, Raebin, from invading monsters. To achieve this, they developed a new magical tool to communicate with the spirits called an Orb. Instead of connecting with the spirits, the Orb reacted unexpectedly to spiritual energy and created a new source of power, unlike any other. Some of the Shamans craved new power and became obsessed with the Orb’s ability to tap into the power of souls rather than spirits. However, the other Shamans objected to the use of such depraved magic and war broke out between the two factions. To end this conflict, sanctions were placed on use of the Orb by the Shamans, but those who still wanted to use it gathered under the protection of Paulo, an elder Ikejan Mage. Dark times fall upon the world of Glenheim once again. The Orb-wielding Shamans use this opportunity to reveal themselves and unleash their new-found magic, calling themselves DEMONISHERS.
To celebrate the release of DEMONISHER and C9’s First Anniversary, WEBZEN will host a series of special events on July 24, 2013 (GST):
- Gamers can visit one of the MMO sites that has partnered with C9 to obtain a code for a free promotional chest, filled with in-game items.
- Players can celebrate the game’s first anniversary by participating in a massive online competition between servers during an in-game drop event. During this period, gamers will battle monsters that drop free items and collect special tickets for additional rewards. Prizes include five V8MA Gaming Mouse devices from BLOODY (featuring dual optics, exclusive X’Glide Metal mouse feet and Ultra Core 3 software).
- Those who are new to the world of CONTINENT OF THE NINTH SEAL can join the game and create characters that immediately start at Level 20. New users will also receive two special support chests for playing.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Coming Early 2015
- Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: Elemental Evi...
- Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes coming Dec. 8th
- Since the announcement of Goblins vs Gnomes at BlizzCon 2014, we’ve been tinkering away in preparation to bring one of Warcraft’s greatest...
- Arctic Combat Opens Beta Sign-ups
- Webzen has announced that beta sign-ups for Arctic Combat are now open.