Wargaming to Offer Financial Support to Open-Source Development Foundations
Wargaming, the leading free-to-play developer and publisher, today announced that the company will be financially supporting three key open source development foundations, including The Linux Foundation, the Django Software Foundation and the Wikimedia Foundation.
While primarily known as a video game publisher and developer, Wargaming utilizes a wide array of open source technologies to power their successful gaming titles. At a corporate level, Wargaming is committed to supporting technologies that the company regularly leverages, not only to fuel existing development, but also to help grow and evolve these technologies for future use.
“Wargaming relies heavily on a number of different open source technologies to help us create our legendary MMO universe, whether it’s using Linux to power our servers, Django to build our web project frameworks or Wikimedia to help us in our research efforts,” said Maksim Melnikau, Solutions Architect at Wargaming. “As a company, we’d like to say thank you to all the developers, testers and users who’ve helped create these awesome tools and to let them know we’re extremely honored to hopefully help them continue their great work moving into the future.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Skyforge: First Closed Beta Testing Date Announced
- Allods Team, Obsidian Entertainment, and My.com are pleased to announce that Skyforge, the upcoming sci-fi fantasy MMORPG, will be holding its...
- League of Angels – Paradise Land Brings New Mysterious Hero
- League of Angels - Paradise Land brings a new mysterious hero: Light Envoy; they promise to bring a lot of fun to the League of Angels game!
- Salem Begins Open Beta
- Join the hijinks of the pilgrims in Salem, a player-driven crafting MMO from Paradox Interactive.