Wargaming Announces Fundamental Improvements for World of Tanks
Wargaming today released the trailer for a World of Tanks developer diaries series, focusing on major improvements the game will receive in 2014.
“It will be a truly transformative year for the game,” said World of Tanks Producer Mike Zhivets. “Enhancements planned for 2014 touch upon the very core of World of Tanks, and each of them will overhaul the look and feel of the title, inducing the tank combat experience we deliver with a whole new level of realism and immersion.”
Throughout 2014, World of Tanks will receive a revamped graphics renderer, adding a greater level of detail to vehicle models and providing for a more realistic gaming environment. The technical enhancements in the game will also extend to its physics engine, introducing a highly responsive gaming environment, dynamic suspension, blown-off turrets and damageable small parts, while its gameplay will be enriched with the highly requested Historical Battles and a new meta game functionality—Fortified Areas.
The company will explain each new feature in greater detail throughout the series of developer diaries.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Neverwinter The Maze Engine Launches on PC
- The ninth expansion to Neverwinter continues the Underdark storyline, pitting players against powerful, new demonic threats.
- Plays.tv Platform Launches Today
- The Plays.tv Platform, which launches publicly today, enables game and web developers to integrate directly into the service.
- Valve Announces 'Living Room' Focused SteamOS
- Valve has officially announced SteamOS, a new operating system designed to make Steam games big-screen friendly by offering a Steam-powered ex...