Video Game April Fool’s Joke Turns Entire MMO Black and White
Early this morning, 30,000 players logged into the MMO AdventureQuest Worlds to find that the entire game had been converted to black and white. Free to play games have to cut costs somewhere, so replacing 16 million colors with an 8-bit palette should help.
“Players were presented a message that the game forgot to pay its color bill,” said Adam Bohn, CEO and Founder of AdventureQuest Worlds. “The staff is working hard to restore color to the game as soon as possible.”
It is April Fool’s Day, and Artix Entertainment, the force behind crazy web games, has released a new April Fool’s joke every year since it was founded in 2002. In previous years, Artix turned every player into a Moderator, replaced the entire game with doodle sketches, and swapped out monsters and in-game NPCs with Mechs from its fantasy giant-robot battling game. Check out the full list at: www.aq.com/gamedesignnotes .
Articles You May Enjoy
- Gloria Victis Rolls Out Massive Pre-Alpha Updates
- Today Black Eye Games has announced a series of major updates to Gloria Victis, an MMORPG already looking like a breath of fresh air in its pr...
- Formula Wincars: Less than 29 hours left on Kickstarter campaign
- DragonJam Studios seeks funds for its project, the innovative arcade racer Formula Wincars. Their crowdfunding campaign ends in 24 hours, havi...
- GamesCampus Teams Up With FTD Flowers for Valentines Day
- GamesCampus has announced a partnership with FTD Flowers, giving players who send fresh cut flowers through the floral company 2,000 Campus Cr...