Video Game April Fool’s Joke Turns Entire MMO Black and White
Early this morning, 30,000 players logged into the MMO AdventureQuest Worlds to find that the entire game had been converted to black and white. Free to play games have to cut costs somewhere, so replacing 16 million colors with an 8-bit palette should help.
“Players were presented a message that the game forgot to pay its color bill,” said Adam Bohn, CEO and Founder of AdventureQuest Worlds. “The staff is working hard to restore color to the game as soon as possible.”
It is April Fool’s Day, and Artix Entertainment, the force behind crazy web games, has released a new April Fool’s joke every year since it was founded in 2002. In previous years, Artix turned every player into a Moderator, replaced the entire game with doodle sketches, and swapped out monsters and in-game NPCs with Mechs from its fantasy giant-robot battling game. Check out the full list at: www.aq.com/gamedesignnotes .
Articles You May Enjoy
- Relics of Gods Gets Hands-On Demos at E3 2015
- As part of its premier at E3 2015, Seasun Games will showcase its first game to launch in North America, Relics of Gods.
- iMiGAME Releases New MMORPG Knights Fable
- iMiGAME is excited to announce that a new browser MMORPG Knight's Fable will be released in North America, at 9:00 AM (EDT), Jun. 18.
- A.V.A. Launches New Maps and More
- Aeria Games has announced the launch of several new content updates and languages for its FPS, Alliance of Valiant Arms (A.V.A.).