Video Game April Fool’s Joke Turns Entire MMO Black and White
Early this morning, 30,000 players logged into the MMO AdventureQuest Worlds to find that the entire game had been converted to black and white. Free to play games have to cut costs somewhere, so replacing 16 million colors with an 8-bit palette should help.
“Players were presented a message that the game forgot to pay its color bill,” said Adam Bohn, CEO and Founder of AdventureQuest Worlds. “The staff is working hard to restore color to the game as soon as possible.”
It is April Fool’s Day, and Artix Entertainment, the force behind crazy web games, has released a new April Fool’s joke every year since it was founded in 2002. In previous years, Artix turned every player into a Moderator, replaced the entire game with doodle sketches, and swapped out monsters and in-game NPCs with Mechs from its fantasy giant-robot battling game. Check out the full list at: www.aq.com/gamedesignnotes .
Articles You May Enjoy
- My.com: Closed Beta Dates for upcoming games revealed
- Today at Gamescom My.com revealed the closed beta dates of its three upcoming AAA massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs) World of Speed, A...
- TERA Preparing Inactive Character Name Purge
- En Masse has sent out an email alerting players that an inactive character name purge will be coming soon for TERA.
- Total War Battles: Kingdoms Review
- Total War Battles: Kingdoms is a multiplayer Strategy game. The game is free-to-play and features hex-based city building, resource management