Vainglory Now Live on the App Store
The LAN party is back! Super Evil Megacorp, a group of core-game developers that hail from the likes of Riot Games and Blizzard Entertainment, today launched Vainglory exclusively on the App Store for iPhone and iPad. Vainglory is the first game from this studio entirely focused on bringing core-gaming experiences to touch devices.
Vainglory was featured during Apple’s keynote in September, and it has already been praised as “Epic” by Cult of Mac and “the MOBA lover’s dream” by MMORPG. Vainglory is an unapologetically core MOBA that immerses players in a vivid world where they become powerful heroes with unique abilities. Built with Apple’s most advanced technology and the company’s proprietary E.V.I.L. engine, Vainglory brings a new class of ultra-high fidelity graphics and control responsiveness to touch devices.
“Vainglory is not about casualizing a core genre or making a direct port of an existing game,” said Stephan Sherman, Chief Creative Officer of Super Evil Megacorp. “To make Vainglory, we started from scratch to create that core MOBA experience — the highs and the lows, the build-up of anticipation, the sweet victory or bitter defeat. We want you to feel how it feels to play a core game — with the immediacy of touch.
“Vainglory opens up a whole new world of experiences in touch-screen gaming by playing together with friends in the same room, as a LAN party. While queuing up solo for online multiplayer games is fun and rewarding, the intensity of team play with friends around the table is incredible. Plus, trash talk. It’s like the LAN parties of old — except no heavy PC equipment required.”
To ring in Vainglory’s launch today, professional League of Legends player and streamer George “Zekent” Liu of Team Curse fame will be hosting a live launch stream of Vainglory from 1-3 p.m. (PT) today at twitch.tv/vainglory.
For more info, visit http://www.vaingloryfire.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Descent: Underground in the Last Day of Crowdfunding
- Descent: Underground is heading into its last day of its Kickstarter campaign, edging closer to its goal.
- RF Online Server Transfers Begin
- GamesCampus has announced that server transfers have begun for the PvP focused sci-fi MMORPG RF Online have started.
- Steel Avengers: CBT Period Extended
- The publisher Koramgame today announced that they plan to extend the CBT period for the new tank MMO Steel Avengers: Tank Uprising. The build-...