Vainglory Celebrates First Birthday with Major eSports News
Super Evil Megacorp’s MOBA built for touchscreens, Vainglory, is celebrating its first birthday. In just a year since its release on iOS, the game has become the premier mobile eSport, as evidenced by professional teams, tournaments taking place across the globe, international growth, endorsement by investors and partners, and more.
Revealed in a special blog post today, the team highlighted some major news:
- Over 1 million viewers turned in to watch Vainglory matches in September alone;
- SK Gaming has acquired Vainglory team R3D;
- NVIDIA and the Amazon App Store will be the major sponsor of the Autumn Season Finals;
- Vainglory became the #1 most downloaded free app on iPhone/iPad in China within 24 hours of its launch;
- The Vainglory China Invitational tournament kicks off November 20-22.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Underworld Ascendant Reveals New "Authored Look"
- OtherSide Entertainment is thrilled to debut the new “authored look” for Underworld Ascendant.
- E3 2014 Recap – Rise of Incarnates
- One of our most anticipated titles of E3 and 2014 in general, Rise of Incarnates looks and feels like something designed for a next generation...
- Winter Warfare Arrives in MicroVolts
- Rock Hippo Productions has launched its latest update for MicroVolts: Winter Warfare.