Update 7 brings winter to DC Universe Online
DC Universe Online has launched its seventh major game update: Season’s Greedings.
This update’s story focuses on Larfleeze, leader of the Orange Lanterns, who has hidden stolen holiday gifts throughout both Gotham City and Metropolis. Green Lantern Hal Jordan and Sinestro are seeking player’s aid to recover these items and return the world to order.
As part of the update, players can earn a special Feat for spotting Larfleeze once a day for twelve days in a row, or purchase holiday themed appearances and gear from vendors or the Marketplace. The update also introduces a new 5v5 deathmatch arena inside the Watchtower.
DC Universe Online is published by Sony Online Entertainment, which also publishes EverQuest and Free Realms.
DC Universe Online Gameplay Screenshot
The Holiday Spirit Hits DC UniverseTM Online in Latest Game Update: Season’s GreedingsLarfleeze is on the Naughty List This Winter in DCUO’s Game Update 7
WHAT: The season of giving has gone awry in DC Universe Online’s (DCUO) latest game update: Season’s Greedings. Larfleeze, greedy, devious leader of the Orange Lanterns, is lashing out at Santa Claus for leaving him empty-handed this year. To retaliate, Larfleeze has hidden stolen holiday items throughout Gotham City and Metropolis until he can ship them back home to the forbidden territory of the Vega System.
Heroes and villains alike will take part in quests to find the stolen presents. Heroes will receive direction from Green Lantern Hal Jordan in the Watchtower, while villains will hear a similar request from the wielder of yellow light, Sinestro in the Hall of Doom. In order to locate the presents, players must search for, and defeat, Larfleeze’s carefully crafted orange construct enemies, created to resemble those he has defeated in the past as a warning sign to any who cross him in the future.
Game Update 7: Season’s Greedings Features:
- Larfleeze Sightings: Players can receive a Feat if they can spot Larfleeze lurking about Metropolis or Gotham City once a day for, of course, 12 days in a row.
- Watchtower PVP Map: Players can battle it out in a new 5v5 death-match arena located in the Watchtower.
- New Holiday Marketplace Items:
- Festive Winter Hat – Do you have a jolly side? Have you been wanting to show off your festive spirit? Does your head get cold in that brisk winter air? If so, then this Festive Winter Hat is for you!
- Reindeer Antlers – Oh, deer! Declare your appreciation for these beloved holiday animals by wearing your very own set of Reindeer Antlers.
- New Holiday Vendor Items:
- Holiday weapon appearances to give your weapon a sweet new look
- New Holiday Elf outfit set
- Snowman form trinket
- Holiday snowglobe grenade
WHEN: The game update is now available as a free download for players at all three access levels: Free, Premium and Legendary.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Going Free-To-Play
- BioWare has announced that it will be adding a free-to-play option for Star Wars: The Old Republic this fall.
- Grand Ages: Medieval is Out Now on Mac
- Mac users – the time has come for epic battles, cunning diplomacy and relentless conquest.
- Smite Reveals Patch 3.2 Rolling Thunder
- This afternoon, Hi-Rez revealed its patch notes for Smite Patch 3.2: Rolling Thunder.