Update 7.5 for World of Tanks goes live
Wargaming has announced Update 7.5 for World of Tanks has gone live, bringing several new features such as new tier 10 tanks, arenas, and titles.
The American, German, Soviet, and French tech trees have all received new tanks and tank destroyers as part of the update, and new premium vehicles are now available. Three new maps have also been made available, each set in North America: Port, Highway, and Serene Coast. Each of the new maps offers several tactical advantages for offense and defense alike.
In addition to the updates to the tech trees, the game has updated the matchmaking service, ensuring players will not face tanks more than two levels above their tier. The update also makes some changes to the damage system, allowing hits to internal modules to cause crew damage, even if the hit does not penetrate armor.
Wargaming also publishes World of Battleships and World of Warplanes.
World of Tanks “Update 7.5” Gameplay Screenshot
Tier X Meds and TDs Invade World of Tanks
Update 7.5 Goes Live
1st August 2012 –– Wargaming today announced that Update 7.5 for its free-to-play action MMO World of Tanks is now available in Europe and will go live in North America on August, 2nd. Update 7.5 features new Tier 10 medium tanks and tank destroyers, premium vehicles, battling arenas, as well as new medals and titles.
The American tech tree has been updated with the E3 and E4 modifications of the T110 destroyer, as well as the M48A1 Patton III medium tank. The Germany Tank Destroyer lines have also been strengthened with the mighty JadgPz E-100 and the E-50 Ausf M, which now occupies the spot as the nation’s most powerful medium tank. The heavy destroyer Object 268 and the medium T62A joined the ranks of the Soviet tech tree, while the French have received the Tier 10 Bat Chatillon 25t medium tank and the AMX 50 Foch 155 tank destroyer.
New premium vehicles now featured in the game include the German Dickermax TD and the American T26E4 Super Pershing medium tank.
In addition to new tanks, the game has also been updated with three new maps, each taking place in North America: Port, Highway and Serene Coast.
World of Tanks Update 7.5: Highlights
Welcome to the first detailed update overview for Update 7.5 for the MMO action game World of Tanks! Here you will find extensive information on new content, changes and improvements coming with this new update.
Update 7.5 adds three new locations, each taking place in North American setting.
This vast urban map, with a harbor and a network of railroad tracks, provides plentiful tactical opportunities for all vehicle types. A mixture of open spaces and secluded areas, Port offers good firing positions and effective cover sites.
This picturesque, hilly Canadian landscape features mountains in the northwest and a sea in the southeast, which serves as a natural border. A mostly open periphery provides very little concealment, while the central area, saturated with buildings and structures, offers solid cover and excellent ambush opportunities.
A mixed North American map, Highway offers spacious sunlit valleys and scattered housing that allows for close combat firing positions. A typical Midwestern highway and a river split the map in half, requiring varied battlefield tactics.
In addition to the three new maps, the existing map, Airfield, now also features a “planes in the sky” environmental effect that adds a greater amount of immersion for players to experience during the heat of battle.
Update 7.5’s major highlight are new Tier X medium tanks and tank destroyers, which provide additional challenge to heavy tanks.
Tier X Medium Tanks
· The Germany tech tree now contains a new modification of the Е-50 Ausf. M. medium tank.
· The Т-62А has become the top medium tank in the Soviet tech tree.
· The American tech tree has received a new machine — the M48A1 (Patton III).
· The Bat Chatillon 25t was upgraded and is now the top French medium tank.
Tier X Tank Destroyers
· The powerful JagdPz E-100 with the Gw. Tiger gun now sits atop the Germany tech tree.
· The new Object 268 has become the top medium Tier X TD for the Soviet tech tree.
· The American tech tree has been significantly strengthened with the T110E3 and the T110E4 tank destroyers.
· The French line of tank destroyers now includes the powerful AMX 50 Foch 155, complete with an automatic loader.
· The ranks of the German tank destroyers are now also graced by the Tier VIII Jagdpanther II, a good counter against the intimidating Ferdinand.
· With the addition of the Tier V French light tank ELC AMX, the АМХ 12t has now become a Tier VI. The following French light and medium tanks have also moved one tier: AMX 13 75, AMX 13 90, Lorraine 40t and Bat Chatillon 25t.
· Update 7.5 also brings two new premium vehicles into the mix: the German Dickermax tank destroyer and the American T26E4 SuperPershing medium tank.
Along with massive additions to each nation’s tech trees, Update 7.5 also includes several new options in regard to leveling.
· A new path from the Tiger P to the Ferdinand has been added, costing 150,000 experience points to unlock.
· Owners of the AMX 12t can now also research the Lorraine 155 50 SPG for 140,000 experience points.
All experience from the elite Ferdinand SPG was transferred to the newly introduced Tier X JagdPz E-100. This change will allow players that have enough experience points to unlock the new German SPG immediately.
Update 7.5 also features reworked matchmaking for the majority of vehicles. Now, players won’t face off against vehicles more than two tiers up than their own machine. This change was implemented to ensure a more enjoyable gameplay experience for both rookies and veterans, alike.
Update 7.5 also features a few new fixes for the game’s damage system. Now, a hit to an internal module will cause damage to a crew even if armor penetration did not occur. The mechanics for shell shock crew damage with high explosive rounds were also reworked.
Good bye, KV-5!
The Tier VIII Soviet premium heavy tank KV-5 is no longer available for purchase via the in-game shop or the gift shop. However, it wasn’t removed from the game completely: all the players who had acquired the tank before Update 7.5 will keep it in their collections. The tank will be resurrected for special events, so stay tuned to the news section on the World of Tanks website.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Chibi Warriors Releases Cross Server Arena
- 37Games is thrilled to announce a Chibi Warriors update! This update introduces a set of new features that include high-level additional Cross...
- Miscreated Alpha Preview
- Miscreated is a game where serious fans of the genre took what worked well in DayZ and took off in a development sprint.
- 'European Warfare' Update Coming Soon to Stronghold Kingdoms
- Firefly Studios announces an expansion to Stronghold Kingdom's world map, making Europe available starting in February.