Ubisoft Announces 5 Free MMOs in Development
During a post earnings conference call on May 18, 2010 the CFO of Ubisoft, Alain Martinez, announced that the major video game publisher had no less than five “massively multiplayer online light” games in development.
We have the details on at least one of them, Heroes of Might and Magic Online, which will go into closed beta testing soon. Another one will be a new Trackmania MMO, but we have no news on the rest yet.
Ubisoft is following EA’s lead into the free to play market. EA was the first major Western publisher to release a series of high quality, free to play MMOs like Battlefield Heroes and BattleForge.
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Aftermath of Guild Wars 2: Battle for Lion's Arch
- ArenaNet releases the final cinematic for Guild Wars 2's living storyline arc, and prepares for the Aftermath.
- Nexon Europe Launches Lost Saga Open Beta
- Lost Saga EU launches its open beta today, with special events offering great prizes and new character releases promised for next week.
- Underworld: Sugar Wars is Out Now on the App Store
- Independent developer A-Steroids today announced the release of online free-to-play resource management title, Underworld: Sugar Wars, on the ...