Ubisoft Announces 5 Free MMOs in Development
During a post earnings conference call on May 18, 2010 the CFO of Ubisoft, Alain Martinez, announced that the major video game publisher had no less than five “massively multiplayer online light” games in development.
We have the details on at least one of them, Heroes of Might and Magic Online, which will go into closed beta testing soon. Another one will be a new Trackmania MMO, but we have no news on the rest yet.
Ubisoft is following EA’s lead into the free to play market. EA was the first major Western publisher to release a series of high quality, free to play MMOs like Battlefield Heroes and BattleForge.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Deck Warlords - new mobile TCG game by Running Pillow
- Contains fast-paced gameplay and ugly orcs
- Quantum Rush: New features available
- The online racer Quantum Rush entered the open beta just one week ago and is progressing at a breath-taking pace.
- Neverwinter The Maze Engine: Guild Alliances Launches
- The Maze Engine: Guild Alliances is now available for Neverwinter on PC and will launch on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 at a later date.