Ubisoft Announces 5 Free MMOs in Development
During a post earnings conference call on May 18, 2010 the CFO of Ubisoft, Alain Martinez, announced that the major video game publisher had no less than five “massively multiplayer online light” games in development.
We have the details on at least one of them, Heroes of Might and Magic Online, which will go into closed beta testing soon. Another one will be a new Trackmania MMO, but we have no news on the rest yet.
Ubisoft is following EA’s lead into the free to play market. EA was the first major Western publisher to release a series of high quality, free to play MMOs like Battlefield Heroes and BattleForge.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Soul Of Guardian Celebrates 1 Million With Four Events
- WSGame is celebrating its one million registered players milestone with four events for Soul of Guardian.
- Warframe announces New Lotus Voice Packs
- When there's a need, game developers rush to fill it - and today, Warframe is delivering some hot new voice packs for Lotus.
- Skyforge Adds New PvP/Group Content Ahead of Third Closed Beta Test
- The third closed beta session for Skyforge runs next week beginning on April 22nd at 7am PST and running to May 13th.