Ubisoft Announces 5 Free MMOs in Development
During a post earnings conference call on May 18, 2010 the CFO of Ubisoft, Alain Martinez, announced that the major video game publisher had no less than five “massively multiplayer online light” games in development.
We have the details on at least one of them, Heroes of Might and Magic Online, which will go into closed beta testing soon. Another one will be a new Trackmania MMO, but we have no news on the rest yet.
Ubisoft is following EA’s lead into the free to play market. EA was the first major Western publisher to release a series of high quality, free to play MMOs like Battlefield Heroes and BattleForge.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Uncharted Waters Online: Gran Atlas Expansion Coming Soon
- OGPlanet is excited to announce the newest expansion for Uncharted Waters Online 'Gran Atlas'. The expansion will bring many new fea...
- Knight's Fable Open Beta Announced
- GTArcade announces the upcoming open beta for Knight's Fable, its newest MMORPG.
- Star Trek Online Review
- Previously a subscriber-only game, STO’s now free model is almost equal in quality for paying and free members.