Ubisoft Announces 5 Free MMOs in Development
During a post earnings conference call on May 18, 2010 the CFO of Ubisoft, Alain Martinez, announced that the major video game publisher had no less than five “massively multiplayer online light” games in development.
We have the details on at least one of them, Heroes of Might and Magic Online, which will go into closed beta testing soon. Another one will be a new Trackmania MMO, but we have no news on the rest yet.
Ubisoft is following EA’s lead into the free to play market. EA was the first major Western publisher to release a series of high quality, free to play MMOs like Battlefield Heroes and BattleForge.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tribal Wars 2: Now in Open Beta
- Online games developer InnoGames is calling all players to join their tribe with the Open Beta start for Tribal Wars 2. Players can start play...
- Rosh Online - The Return of Karos Content Update
- Jungwon Seo, the senior producer for Rosh Online talks about the implementation of new non-siege type battle modes, the Floating Island Extrem...
- TERA: Skycastle Guild Housing Coming Soon
- Skycastles are the ultimate symbol of prestige and accomplishment for the most dedicated groups of players, and they're coming soon!