Ubisoft Announces 5 Free MMOs in Development
During a post earnings conference call on May 18, 2010 the CFO of Ubisoft, Alain Martinez, announced that the major video game publisher had no less than five “massively multiplayer online light” games in development.
We have the details on at least one of them, Heroes of Might and Magic Online, which will go into closed beta testing soon. Another one will be a new Trackmania MMO, but we have no news on the rest yet.
Ubisoft is following EA’s lead into the free to play market. EA was the first major Western publisher to release a series of high quality, free to play MMOs like Battlefield Heroes and BattleForge.
Articles You May Enjoy
- PlanetSide 2 Releases Auto-Turrets in Latest Update
- Today, Sony Online Entertainment released the latest game update to PlanetSide 2, which includes wieldable melee weapons and the Spitfire Turr...
- Green Arrow Pierces Into the Heart of DC Universe Online
- Straight from Star City and into DC Universe Online’s Legends PvP comes one of DC's most legendary heroes, the Green Arrow.
- Das Tal Adding American Server
- In today's latest update, Das Tal has announced an American server will be arriving in the game for the summer alpha on July 16.