Turbine Hit With Layoffs
An unknown portion of employees from Turbine – publisher of Infinite Crisis, The Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Asheron’s Call – were laid off yesterday, according to a confirmed Gamasutra report.
A representative from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Turbine’s parent company, made the following official statement:
“As part of our normal business process, we’re routinely looking at the strategic alignment of our company. Unfortunately, in order for us to invest in growth areas at Turbine, we have to eliminate some positions. These are always tough decisions, which we don’t approach lightly, but it’s crucial that Turbine is structured in a way that reflects the current and coming marketplace.”
While there are many rumors flying around, there is no official confirmation yet on how many were laid off or what this may mean for Turbine’s titles in the near future.
Articles You May Enjoy
- DC Legends Introduces Wonder Woman Theatrical Content
- In celebration of the launch of the Wonder Woman movie on June 2, Warner Bros. Interactive announces DC Legends will add new content.
- GUNNAR Launches Heroes of the Storm Gaming Eyewear
- GUNNAR today unleashed two new styles inspired by Blizzard Entertainment’s free-to-play online team brawler, Heroes of the Storm™.
- RuneScape Player Power Sees Easter Replaced With Cabbage Facepunch
- RuneScape players vote for a cabbage-themed, gorilla-filled Easter event.