Turbine Hit With Layoffs
An unknown portion of employees from Turbine – publisher of Infinite Crisis, The Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and Asheron’s Call – were laid off yesterday, according to a confirmed Gamasutra report.
A representative from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Turbine’s parent company, made the following official statement:
“As part of our normal business process, we’re routinely looking at the strategic alignment of our company. Unfortunately, in order for us to invest in growth areas at Turbine, we have to eliminate some positions. These are always tough decisions, which we don’t approach lightly, but it’s crucial that Turbine is structured in a way that reflects the current and coming marketplace.”
While there are many rumors flying around, there is no official confirmation yet on how many were laid off or what this may mean for Turbine’s titles in the near future.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Echo of Soul: New site revealed as launch date approaches
- Echo of Soul, the upcoming free-to-play fantasy MMORPG, has revealed a treasure trove of information about the game's backstory, characte...
- Cabal Online (Europe) releases 'Return of the Guardians' update
- Game-Masters has just released the latest update for their long-running action focused MMORPG Cabal Online with the new 'Return of the Gu...
- GetAmped 2 Officially Launches
- After an extended development and beta phase, GetAmped 2 is finally live! Its a 3D fighting MMO that's a sequel to GetAmped, also known a...