Turbine and Major League Gaming Partner for Infinite Crisis
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, through its developer Turbine, Inc., and Major League Gaming (MLG), the world’s largest eSports league and online multiplayer platform, today announced a partnership to introduce Infinite Crisis to the competitive gaming universe. In closed beta now, Infinite Crisis is a free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena game set in the DC Multiverse.
Through the partnership, the Turbine and MLG teams will introduce the game to the MLG and eSports community, develop competitive settings, showcase the game at forthcoming eSports and gaming events, feature competitive play on MLG: Play, MLG’s online gaming destination, and ultimately include Infinite Crisis at MLG Pro Circuit competitions.
The partnership kicks off at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2013 at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 11-13, where top teams Complexity and Curse Academy will compete LIVE from the WB Games booth (South Hall 1637). The action will be streamed on www.majorleaguegaming.com and www.infinitecrisis.com beginning Tuesday, June 11, at 12 p.m. PT. A complete schedule is available online.
“Partnering with MLG is an important step in introducing Infinite Crisis to the competitive gaming community,” said Jeffrey Steefel, Executive Producer for Infinite Crisis. “MLG’s platform and expertise in the eSports arena are unparalleled. We look forward to working closely with MLG to introduce players to the DC Multiverse and building a world-class gaming community.”
“Infinite Crisis and our new partners at Turbine are a perfect addition to the MLG network. The game is action-packed, fun to play and well-suited for a competitive audience,” said Sundance DiGiovanni, CEO and co-founder of Major League Gaming. “Our new collaboration with Turbine is a great example of how we can work with top game developers to introduce their games to the robust MLG audience and grow the eSports community worldwide.”
Infinite Crisis puts players in control of twisted incarnations of their favorite characters including Nightmare Batman and Gaslight Catwoman, playing alongside well-known characters including Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. Soon gamers around the globe will have the opportunity to compete as DC Comics legends.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Age of Wushu: Delightful Island and Silver Hook Instance revealed
- The world of Jianghu martial arts heroes continues to expand, as today Snail Games reveals the new mysterious area – the Delightful Island. ...
- DC Universe Online's Amazon Fury Part II Now Available
- In DCUO’s 13th downloadable content (DLC) pack, players face unparalleled challenges as they journey to the Underworld, face the Gods and ta...
- Magicka Wizard Wars: Private Matches Available
- Paradox Interactive and Paradox North today came to an understanding with players of Magicka: Wizard Wars, the Spellcasting Action PvP take on...