Tribes Ascend Now On Steam
Hi-Rez Studios has announced the launch of Tribes Ascend on Steam, along with a new update.
The new version (available regularly and through Steam) includes a new map, Stonehenge, designed for Capture the Flag matches, plus a new Team Deathmatch map called Miasma. Players can also check out the first-person spectator mode, or access new localized versions for German, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese speaking players.
Hi-Rez Studios also publishes Global Agenda and SMITE.
Tribes Ascend Update #6: Stonehenge
Free-to-Play Tribes: Ascend Now Available On Steam
Update includes new maps, new features, and localized game client for Germany, Brazil, and Russia
ATLANTA — 27 June, 2012— Hi-Rez Studios, independent developer of AAA free-to-play online games, today announced that Tribes: Ascend has launched on Valve’s Steam service.
The fast-paced, free-to-play multiplayer shooter has received a strong critical reception from the gaming press, including Editor’s Choice awards from PC Gamer, IGN, and Gamespy, and 10/10 scores from review sites worldwide including Eurogamer and Ausgamers.
Tribes: Ascend has over one million registered users, and the move to Steam, combined with international servers and language support, will expose the title to millions more worldwide.
Says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer, “We’re very excited to partner with Valve and deliver the World’s Fastest Shooter to the world’s largest gaming community.”
The updated version of Tribes: Ascend available on Steam will introduce a new Capture The Flag map called Stonehenge and a new Team Deathmatch map, as well as first-person spectator mode to support the growing Tribes competitive community. The game is also being localized to support German, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese. Beta versions of these languages are available in the latest patch, with final versions and support for additional languages on the way.
Articles You May Enjoy
- SMITE Patch Unveils Mercury
- The long awaited reveal of the famous Greek god Mercury in HiRez’s Pantheon-based MOBA, SMITE, has arrived. Staying true to lore, Mercury of...
- The Lord of the Rings Online Details World Transfer Process
- LOTRO has been planning a major server consolidation, and the Turbine team has finally revealed the details.
- Forge of Empires launched for iPad
- InnoGames just released the long-awaited iPad version of its award-winning online game Forge of Empires. From now on, Forge of Empires is avai...