Tribes: Ascend adds Team Deathmatch
Tribes: Ascend is still in closed beta, but new gameplay has launched for its gunners.
Team Deathmatch is now available in the game, currently on two maps: Drydock Night and Crossfire. After the first death in the match, a flag spawns, and teams earn bonuses for each kill made while the team holds that flag. A new challenge, “First Win of the Day,” grants additional XP and token bonuses for players’ first victory each day, and a new call in, “Orbital Strike,” has been introduced. Several balance changes and bug fixes were also implemented.
Tribes: Ascend is published by Hi-Rez Studios, which also publishes Global Agenda.
Tribes: Ascend Gameplay Screenshot
Patch Notes for December 1, 2011
Tribes Closed Beta Version 0.1.585.0
Server downtime: The Tribes Servers are expected to be down for several hours on THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2011 while the patch is deployed. Watch the Server Status in Hi-Command for latest availability information.
Major Highlights since Version 0.1.562
- The Team Deathmatch gametype is now available for play on two maps (Drydock Night and Crossfire). Upon the first death in the match, a flag will spawn. Your team earns a bonus for each kill made while the team holds the flag.
- Added a “First Win of the Day” Challenge that rewards additional XP and tokens upon your first victory in a day. The “day” begins at 09:00 UTC time.
- Added the “Orbital Strike” call-in (default bound to “3”). It is similar to the Tactical Strike, with a much wider radius and higher credit cost.
- Reduced the token amounts required to unlock classes.
- Settings: “Reduce Weapon Size” option has been added along with many others, including an option to disable help messages and an option to disable framerate smoothing.
- Matchmaking: Very basic match-making segmentation to help lower ranked players play with lower-ranked players.
- Fixed a number of bugs that caused sudden speed drops when skiing or jetting uphill. Other issues may remain. Please report as you find them.
- By default, objective icons for all major elements on a map (generators, vehicle stations, equipment stations, etc) are now shown when you first enter a map. Hit “O” to turn off the markers.
- General: Increased both the time before health regeneration begins and the duration of the regeneration.
- General: The credit reward for a kill assist has been increased.
- Brute: The Fractal Grenade is now available for testing.
- Brute: The Heavy Spinfusor now does more damage to vehicles and base turrets.
- Doombringer: Minor improvements have been made to the missile tracking on the Saber Launcher.
- Juggernaut: The Heavy AP Grenade’s damage to players has been increased.
- Juggernaut: The Heavy AP Grenade’s damage to generators has been reduced.
- Raider: The Grenade Launcher’s damage has been slightly reduced.
- Ranger: The AP Grenade’s damage to players and generators has been reduced.
- Survivalist Perk: Reduced the health and ammo gain to 20%, down from 35%.
- Several crash fixes
- Variety of modifications to existing CTF maps for balance and visuals.
- Code was added to fix/prevent the “godmode” damage bug that sometimes occurs.
- The loading screen has been updated to include map name, game rules, and various gameplay tips.
- The Rabbit scoreboard has been improved.
- The class screen now highlights the Pathfinder and Juggernaut classes (the least expensive) if you have not unlocked them.
- Summary window may be closed at match end to allow for chatting and VGS use.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Assetto Corsa PS4 Hands-on Impressions
- Simulator games aren't for everyone. The ultimate appeal of any game with "real-world" roots is often in how it captures and ga...
- Versus Evil Launches Indie Publishing Company
- The publisher of The Banner Saga, Versus Evil, announces the start of its expanding video game publishing business.
- Worlds 2016: Group Stage Day 6 Recap
- Hope stays alive for EU in Group Stage Day 6!