Tribal Wars Hits 50 Million Player Mark
Classic strategy game Tribal Wars has just reached 50 million registered players, only weeks after announcing its 10th birthday. The free online title that laid the foundation for developer and publisher InnoGames is still going strong, with 2012 being the most successful year yet. While the game continues to find popularity in its home country of Germany with six million players, countries such as Poland and Brazil now also boast high registration numbers to rival this – with 7.3 million and 5.4 million respectively.
“Reaching 50 million feels especially good,” explains InnoGames CEO Hendrik Klindworth, “because it was a total grassroots effort – Just a passion that changed (our) lives.” About ten years ago, Hendrik, his brother Eike and their friend Michael Zillmer were searching for an online game which completely met their demands. As they did not find any, they decided to simply create one on their own. After a few months, Tribal Wars was published and after three years as a hobby project, they founded the company InnoGames in order to run the game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Reality Squared Games Announces Broken Realm Beta Starts Today
- Broken Realm takes on many of the great MMORPG elements that people know and love, as well as incorporating some unique new features. Players ...
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Beta Available Now on PS4
- The start of the highly-anticipated Call of Duty ®: Black Ops III multiplayer beta has arrived on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment syste...
- World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition Beta Now Live in Europe
- Wargaming, the leading free-to-play MMO developer and publisher, today announced that beta servers are now live in Europe for the highly antic...