Tribal Wars Hits 50 Million Player Mark
Classic strategy game Tribal Wars has just reached 50 million registered players, only weeks after announcing its 10th birthday. The free online title that laid the foundation for developer and publisher InnoGames is still going strong, with 2012 being the most successful year yet. While the game continues to find popularity in its home country of Germany with six million players, countries such as Poland and Brazil now also boast high registration numbers to rival this – with 7.3 million and 5.4 million respectively.
“Reaching 50 million feels especially good,” explains InnoGames CEO Hendrik Klindworth, “because it was a total grassroots effort – Just a passion that changed (our) lives.” About ten years ago, Hendrik, his brother Eike and their friend Michael Zillmer were searching for an online game which completely met their demands. As they did not find any, they decided to simply create one on their own. After a few months, Tribal Wars was published and after three years as a hobby project, they founded the company InnoGames in order to run the game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ironkill: New Robot Battle game available on Mobile devices
- Play Motion, a new studio formed by the team leads of Total Recall and the critically acclaimed hit Real Steel: World Robot Boxing, announced ...
- Mabinogi: Ultimate Anime Summer Update Available
- Nexon US has recently released a new update for their theme-park/sandbox hybrid MMORPG: Mabinogi, with an update known as "Ultimate Anime...
- Conquer Online: Bruce Lee Now Featured in Special Event
- After 12 months of dedicated work, the fantasy MMORPG, Conquer Online, unveils a project that will introduce an awe-inspiring new character, L...