Torchlight MMO will be Free to Play
The Torchlight MMO, which is based on the hit single player RPG, announced in an interview in PC Gamer that it will be free to play. Torchlight itself (The single player RPG), was a buy to play game, but Travis Baldree, the designer behind the game, revealed that it will be free to play. The single player Torchlight game was inspired by Diablo 2 and was highly praised by numerous gaming outlets, which leads me to believe the Torchlight MMO will be well worth checking out. Travis Baldree stated that the single player elements of Torchlight will serve as a foundation for the MMO elements of the game:
“”Our vision is to have an MMO that plays as close to single player as we can get it. It will have the same focus on relatively fast action: carving your way through hordes of monsters with a large number of hugely devastating skills. The game has to be solo-able, but players will have to have skills that make them useful in a party and make them work together,” -Travis Baldree
Torchlight Screenshot [Not the MMO]
Based on the article on PC Gamer, the Torchlight MMO will have a micro-transaction supported business model (Free to play with Cash shop), but the cash shop won’t sell any game breaking items, but would rather focus on convenience and aesthetics.
Based on the gameplay in Torchlight, players can expect it to play something like Mytheon and Battle of the Immortals – two other action MMORPGs inspired by Diablo 2.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guns and Robots: Christmas Event Available
- Masthead Studios announced today two events that will run this Christmas in their free to play cartoon-style shooter Guns and Robots.
- Dragon's Prophet Official Release Date Announced
- Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) and Infernum Productions AG announced that Dragon's Prophet will launch in NA and EU on Sept. 18, 201...
- Forge of Empires announces closed beta
- InnoGames has announced that Forge of Empires will begin closed beta testing on March 29.