Torchlight MMO will be Free to Play
The Torchlight MMO, which is based on the hit single player RPG, announced in an interview in PC Gamer that it will be free to play. Torchlight itself (The single player RPG), was a buy to play game, but Travis Baldree, the designer behind the game, revealed that it will be free to play. The single player Torchlight game was inspired by Diablo 2 and was highly praised by numerous gaming outlets, which leads me to believe the Torchlight MMO will be well worth checking out. Travis Baldree stated that the single player elements of Torchlight will serve as a foundation for the MMO elements of the game:
“”Our vision is to have an MMO that plays as close to single player as we can get it. It will have the same focus on relatively fast action: carving your way through hordes of monsters with a large number of hugely devastating skills. The game has to be solo-able, but players will have to have skills that make them useful in a party and make them work together,” -Travis Baldree
Torchlight Screenshot [Not the MMO]
Based on the article on PC Gamer, the Torchlight MMO will have a micro-transaction supported business model (Free to play with Cash shop), but the cash shop won’t sell any game breaking items, but would rather focus on convenience and aesthetics.
Based on the gameplay in Torchlight, players can expect it to play something like Mytheon and Battle of the Immortals – two other action MMORPGs inspired by Diablo 2.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Age of Wulin: Immortal Legends Expansion now available
- WEBZEN has announced that Age of Wulin players can now experience Immortal Legends, the latest expansion for the action-packed 3D MMORPG Age o...
- Celtic Tribes Gets Complete Redesign
- With the new update, Celtic Tribes gets a complete redesign as well as countless new features and improvements.
- Neverwinter Launches New Trailer; Release Info Provided
- Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios have announced their August game show convention schedule, and have also revealed the release ...