Tom Clancy’s Ghost Phantoms Recieves New Features
Ubisoft announced several upcoming changes coming to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Phantoms including matchmaking, new customization options and improvements in the game experience for new users. These alterations will be available on April 10 when the game launches on Steam and PC.
New, fair matchmaking system
Simon Davis, lead designer for Ghost Recon Phantoms at Ubisoft Singapore explained that the team overhauled the previous matchmaking system to create a system that does not only take into account the players’ skills but also their equipment performance when creating teams. This long-awaited change is designed to prevent situations where players are matched unfairly against opponents, resulting in an imbalanced gameplay experience.
ModMaster, a new weapon customization system
Ghost Recon Phantoms will go live with the new ModMaster system and weapon camouflages on April 10. Current variants will be removed from the store and replaced by a unique fully customisable model of each weapon. “We wanted to find a way for players to differentiate themselves on the battlefield and create weapons that fit their style, so we created ModMaster to put that power in the hands of our players. This new system is also more cost savvy for players and creates more than half a million weapon configuration possibilities including fire rate, handling, scope and ready-time decisions,” explained Davis. Weapon camos will enable players to customize the skins of their weapons. The first 10 weapon camouflages will be available the day of launch and new camouflages will be rolled-out on an ongoing basis.
Better new player experience
To ease new players into the game, the new user playlist has been extended from level five to level eight. Additionally, the first two tiers of weapons will be removed, permitting new users to directly access more powerful weapons to work on their combat skills.
On the Ghost Recon Phantoms forums, Ubisoft announced that all weapon prices will be significantly reduced.
For more info, visit www.ghostrecononline.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- ARGO (UK): Two days left to register for beta
- The first round of Beta Testing for the steampunk-inspired, hybrid MMORPG Argo will start on Thursday the 10th of April, leaving players wanti...
- Underworld Ascendant Reveals New "Authored Look"
- OtherSide Entertainment is thrilled to debut the new “authored look” for Underworld Ascendant.
- Chronicles of Spellborn Will be Free to Play 2010
- Chronicles of Spellborn will be free to play after 2010 due to the game's commercial failure as a pay to play title. The developer went b...