Team Fortress 2 sees unprecedented growth with free-to-play
A report from Geekwire has looked at a brief talk given by Valve co-founder Gabe Newell on the success of Team Fortress 2 as a free-to-play game during the WTIA TechNW panel.
Newell revealed that Team Fortress 2’s player base has increased by a factor of five since the game went free-to-play, and that Valve believes the term “free to play” increases a game’s value far more than the term “free.” Team Fortress 2 has also seen a 20-30% conversion rate of players who purchase something after joining the free-to-play experience, which is much larger than the expected 2-3% rate.
Team Fortress 2 will also see its “Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update” this coming week.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Chrono Wars introduces the Dragon Arm
- Along with its recent server launch of S6 “Continuum”, Chrono Wars: Light of Darkness has introduced the Dragon Arm system.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 is Live on Kickstarter
- The Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter campaign is live, unveiling some of the most highly requested additions to the series.
- Gauntlet's 1st DLC Now Available
- From the depths of the darkest dungeons of Gauntlet, a brave new heroine joins the fight against the hordes of undead, Lilith the Necromancer.