Team Fortress 2 sees unprecedented growth with free-to-play
A report from Geekwire has looked at a brief talk given by Valve co-founder Gabe Newell on the success of Team Fortress 2 as a free-to-play game during the WTIA TechNW panel.
Newell revealed that Team Fortress 2’s player base has increased by a factor of five since the game went free-to-play, and that Valve believes the term “free to play” increases a game’s value far more than the term “free.” Team Fortress 2 has also seen a 20-30% conversion rate of players who purchase something after joining the free-to-play experience, which is much larger than the expected 2-3% rate.
Team Fortress 2 will also see its “Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update” this coming week.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Sphere 3: Enchanted World is out now
- Now you can download and play Sphere 3: Enchanted World for free on its official website and also on Steam.
- WolfTeam Reloaded Announced
- WolfTeam, the high-octane sci-fi MMOFPS from Aeria Games, has just relaunched as WolfTeam Reloaded!
- Supreme League of Patriots: Now Available
- Evil-doers beware, Phoenix Online Publishing and No Bull Intentions today announced the release of Supreme League of Patriots for PC, Mac and ...