Team Fortress 2 sees unprecedented growth with free-to-play
A report from Geekwire has looked at a brief talk given by Valve co-founder Gabe Newell on the success of Team Fortress 2 as a free-to-play game during the WTIA TechNW panel.
Newell revealed that Team Fortress 2’s player base has increased by a factor of five since the game went free-to-play, and that Valve believes the term “free to play” increases a game’s value far more than the term “free.” Team Fortress 2 has also seen a 20-30% conversion rate of players who purchase something after joining the free-to-play experience, which is much larger than the expected 2-3% rate.
Team Fortress 2 will also see its “Third Annual Scream Fortress Halloween Update” this coming week.
Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Snail Games Announces Age of Wushu Closed Beta
- Snail Games USA has announced that the first closed beta test for its martial-arts inspired MMORPG, Age of Wushu, will begin on Thursday, Nove...
- Heroes of Dragon Age Mobile Review
- Lately, we’ve been seeing a trend wherein companies get their selling franchises and port it off through various spin-offs in different cons...
- Trickster Online and Grand Chase line up new content
- SG Interactive has revealed new content and events for players of Trickster Online and Grand Chase.