Stronghold Kingdoms: Now on Mac Platform
Strategy fans can now get their MMORTS fix with Stronghold Kingdoms, which launches worldwide 13th January on Mac. Still one of the Top 100 most played games on Steam, Kingdoms brings classic Stronghold gameplay into a persistent MMO world based on medieval Europe.
Nick Tannahill, Marketing Manager at Firefly Studios said, “As a small indie releasing Stronghold Kingdoms on Mac is a huge milestone for us. This is something players have been asking for since the game first launched on Steam in 2012 and we’re looking forward to players settling the eternal battle between PC and Mac online. Our new Mac edition features cross-platform play with the hundreds of thousands of PC players who log in every month. This massively improves the first time experience for new Mac users, who will have thousands of active players to fight alongside in their game world on day one.”
“Stronghold Kingdoms on Mac also includes content updates from over two years of active development. Players can use gunpowder on a ‘Fourth Age’ world, collect rewards for completing quests and fight across 33 different countries in our massive ‘Europe’ game world. We really owe players for the explosive growth of the game over the past two years, which we will continue to support with monthly updates and a large gameplay update planned for the coming months.”
At launch Stronghold Kingdoms will be the first and only MMORTS game on Mac. With over 25 different game worlds, each recreating a different medieval country or continent, Kingdoms allows players to build a castle in their home town and lay siege to their virtual neighbours. Using a vast research tree players can specialise as a diplomat, farmer, trader or warlord as they forge alliances and engage in political mind games.
Stronghold Kingdoms is out next month on Mac, with users joining more than 3.5 million registered PC players from over 100 different countries:
Articles You May Enjoy
- SOE Offers Halloween Make-Up Tutorial Videos
- In celebration of Halloween this week, SOE has released makeup tutorial videos to teach players how to transform into their favorite character...
- Overhaul Launched for Shot Online
- GamesCampus has successfully launched its huge overhaul for their veteran title Shot Online today.
- League of Legends Launches Hextech Crafting in NA
- After yesterday's launch of the Clubs system, League of Legends has now launched Hextech crafting and loot in North America.