Steam Introduces New Refund Policy
Valve has announced a new refunds policy for its game distribution service, Steam.
The new rules, detailed here, indicate that Valve will refund a game for any reason if the request is made within 14 days of purchase and played less than two hours. Additional rules are also available for game refunds that fall outside of these conditions, along with special rules for DLC, bundles, and in-game purchases.
Of particular note is the fact that while Valve mentions taking away refund privilege for abuse, it also states “We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Blitzkrieg 3 Press Preview
- The key here is Nival isn’t after the Blizzard RTS fan market, at least not directly. The fish they’re going to fry with this is a much ne...
- Forge of Empires Reaches 100 Million Euros Lifetime Revenue
- InnoGames' strategy game Forge of Empires has reached a lifetime revenue of 100 million Euros.
- Digimon Celebrates 2nd Annual Joymax Day
- Leading online game developer and publisher, Joymax, today announced their second annual Joymax Day will include events for its anime-style MM...