Steam Introduces New Refund Policy
Valve has announced a new refunds policy for its game distribution service, Steam.
The new rules, detailed here, indicate that Valve will refund a game for any reason if the request is made within 14 days of purchase and played less than two hours. Additional rules are also available for game refunds that fall outside of these conditions, along with special rules for DLC, bundles, and in-game purchases.
Of particular note is the fact that while Valve mentions taking away refund privilege for abuse, it also states “We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rush War: LeKool Games Announces Exclusive Launch
- Rushwar is empire-building MMORTS based on and set in the Medieval times. Players start with a small town and must gradually build it up into ...
- Monster Super League Launches Worldwide
- Mobile gamers can now enjoy the newest wave of capture, collect and evolve mobile games – available now for free on mobile.
- Digimon Masters Still In the Mood For Love
- Collect cocoa and rock with experience boosts through March 12 in Digimon Masters Online.