Steam Introduces New Refund Policy
Valve has announced a new refunds policy for its game distribution service, Steam.
The new rules, detailed here, indicate that Valve will refund a game for any reason if the request is made within 14 days of purchase and played less than two hours. Additional rules are also available for game refunds that fall outside of these conditions, along with special rules for DLC, bundles, and in-game purchases.
Of particular note is the fact that while Valve mentions taking away refund privilege for abuse, it also states “We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Sevencore Announces Closed Beta
- Registration for the Sevencore closed beta test is now available on gPotato's website.
- Gigantic: Publishing Partnership with Perfect World Entertainment Announced
- Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc. announced plans to publish Gigantic – the free-to-play, action MOBA developed by Motiga Games.
- Camelot Unchained's 4th Archetype Reveal is Shapeshifters
- The child of Loki is as wily a creature as you’d expect. Capable of obtaining runes to unlock new forms.