Stars in Shadow Launches on Greenlight
After years of development Stars in Shadow (http://stars-in-shadow.com/) is nearly ready to launch and has begun its Greenlight campaign. SiS is a labor of love from a small indie team. The developers are passionate about galactic strategy games that let you control individual ships and fleets in turn based gridded conflict. The years of work have gone into creating a system that allows for this level of detail while still keeping the game fast paced with minimal micromanagement. Help the Greenlight campaign here.
Stars in Shadow features everything you’d expect from a 4X game. Begin with a single, humble, planet. Expand your influence and colonize new worlds. Research new technologies and upgrade your cities and ships. Discover and interact with strange alien empires, eventually becoming the greatest of them all. SiS doesn’t end with just the basics though!
The biggest item fans of 4X games will notice is the emphasis placed on combat. In each combat you have the option of taking control of your fleet and fighting it out on a tactical grid in true turn based strategy style. In addition to this deep tactical option, Stars in Shadow has streamlined planet building. No more will you have to repeat the exact same build chain on every planet, but rather the tactical planet colonization decision is more about which races you believe should be inhabiting it. SiS has gone away from the “Superior Race” mentality, and much of the game becomes about assimilating strange alien cultures into your own.
An indie team taking on one of the most complex genres is a sight to behold, and Stars in Shadow lives up to its predecessor titles. Support it on Greenlight at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=563422918.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Forsaken World Mobile Officially Launching on July 23
- Fedeen Games today announced that Forsaken World Mobile, successor to the acclaimed PC series, will be released on July 23!
- Legends of Callasia: The Stoneborne DLC Kickstarter Funded
- Just days after its start, the Kickstarter campaign for Legends of Callasia: The Stoneborne, a new expansion pack, has been funded.
- New Soldier on Landscape screens for The Lord of the Rings Online
- Turbine has released a new set of screenshots, featuring the Soldier on Landscape feature coming to The Lord of the Rings Online: Update 6.