Star Trek Online free-to-play date set
In exclusive news released to IGN, Cryptic Studios revealed that Star Trek Online will go free-to-play on January 17, 2012.
The interview with Executive Producer Stephen D’Angelo reveals that Star Trek Online is aiming for a different model of free-to-play than they used with Champions Online, one that will also improve the game’s difficulty at higher levels. For example, players will be able to use Dilithium to get high level equipment, which will have a daily earnable cap, but that will also be able to be auctioned off for Cryptic Points. The developers are hoping to reduce the “pay for content” standard set forth in Champions Online.
Star Trek Online Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- SMITE Reveals Isis And More
- Today, Hi-Rez Studios have released a new SMITE god, Isis, Goddess Of Magic.
- Wintertide Event - Celebrate the Holiday Season in Firefall
- Wintertide is a holiday themed event where players can participate in several fun encounters including helping Father Wintertide, Snowball Fig...
- Camelot Unchained Unveils Stealth Stretch Goal Details
- This week marks yet another stretch goal being surpassed for CityState Games' upcoming RvR MMORPG, Camelot Unchained!