Star Trek Online free-to-play date set
In exclusive news released to IGN, Cryptic Studios revealed that Star Trek Online will go free-to-play on January 17, 2012.
The interview with Executive Producer Stephen D’Angelo reveals that Star Trek Online is aiming for a different model of free-to-play than they used with Champions Online, one that will also improve the game’s difficulty at higher levels. For example, players will be able to use Dilithium to get high level equipment, which will have a daily earnable cap, but that will also be able to be auctioned off for Cryptic Points. The developers are hoping to reduce the “pay for content” standard set forth in Champions Online.
Star Trek Online Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Evequest Next Landmark: Flying and New Armor Available
- Recently, SOE has released new updates for their sandbox creation MMORPG, Everquest Next. You can now fly on your claim or any claim you have ...
- Fractured Space Update Introduces Custom Matches
- Fractured Space revealed that today’s eagerly anticipated game update introduces Custom Matches.
- Ecol Tactics Movement Trailer Released
- GamesCampus has launched a new trailer for the turn-based strategy MMO Ecol Tactics, showing off how easy the game is to play for people who m...