Star Trek Online free-to-play date set
In exclusive news released to IGN, Cryptic Studios revealed that Star Trek Online will go free-to-play on January 17, 2012.
The interview with Executive Producer Stephen D’Angelo reveals that Star Trek Online is aiming for a different model of free-to-play than they used with Champions Online, one that will also improve the game’s difficulty at higher levels. For example, players will be able to use Dilithium to get high level equipment, which will have a daily earnable cap, but that will also be able to be auctioned off for Cryptic Points. The developers are hoping to reduce the “pay for content” standard set forth in Champions Online.
Star Trek Online Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Divina Quick Change Classes Guide (PvE + PvP)
- Divina is preparing for its next beta event, and to help players, Gamania has released a new developer guide featuring the game's quick c...
- Free to Play Market to Reach $2 Billion
- A report by the research firm DFC Intelligence forecasts that the US free to play market will grow from $250 million a year today to over $2 b...
- Wargaming and RAF Museum Announce Dornier 17 Final Resting Place
- Wargaming today announced the Dornier Do17 aircraft’s final resting place at the Royal Air Force Museum in Cosford, Shropshire, United Kingd...