Star Trek Online free-to-play date set
In exclusive news released to IGN, Cryptic Studios revealed that Star Trek Online will go free-to-play on January 17, 2012.
The interview with Executive Producer Stephen D’Angelo reveals that Star Trek Online is aiming for a different model of free-to-play than they used with Champions Online, one that will also improve the game’s difficulty at higher levels. For example, players will be able to use Dilithium to get high level equipment, which will have a daily earnable cap, but that will also be able to be auctioned off for Cryptic Points. The developers are hoping to reduce the “pay for content” standard set forth in Champions Online.
Star Trek Online Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Luminary Announces March Events
- Luminary has announced several events for the month of March.
- Successful open beta and new server for Silkroad-R
- Joymax has declared that Silkroad-R's open beta has been so successful, they are launching a new server, Gobi, to deal with the player po...
- MMOHuts Weekly Recap #99 Aug 19 - Vanguard, Elsword, District 187, Neverwinter, & More
- Omer hits us with the latest MMO news in the weekly recap #99