Star Trek Online free-to-play date set
In exclusive news released to IGN, Cryptic Studios revealed that Star Trek Online will go free-to-play on January 17, 2012.
The interview with Executive Producer Stephen D’Angelo reveals that Star Trek Online is aiming for a different model of free-to-play than they used with Champions Online, one that will also improve the game’s difficulty at higher levels. For example, players will be able to use Dilithium to get high level equipment, which will have a daily earnable cap, but that will also be able to be auctioned off for Cryptic Points. The developers are hoping to reduce the “pay for content” standard set forth in Champions Online.
Star Trek Online Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Twin Saga Beta Ready for August
- Twin Saga is set to make its debut this August, when the game’s first beta period begins!
- Tuesday Huts Stream (11/11): Defenders of Time
- Join us weekly for game previews, fun, and giveaways!
- Albion Online Announces Killboard Feature
- As the final beta pushes on for Albion Online, the competitive spirit flame is set to be fanned by an amazing new feature.