Space Engineers Celebrates a Successful Two Years
Independent developer Keen Software House is celebrating the 2nd anniversary of Space Engineers, a game about engineering, building and maintaining space structures based on real physics and real science, with sales exceeding 1.6 million copies since its release.
Released on Steam Early Access in October 2013, Space Engineers quickly became a fan favorite and cemented its position among bestsellers on Steam Early Access. Since its launch it has attracted a passionate community and builders of space structures around the world that became an integral part of the experience of creating more than 150.000 items on Steam Workshop.
“We are not celebrating just the 2nd anniversary of Space Engineers, but also the creative spirit of the community that drives us, pushes us into the unknown, makes us question what is even possible, and helps us see what we never before imagined,” said Marek Rosa, CEO and founder of Keen Software House.
The second anniversary comes on the verge of the upcoming biggest content update yet: Planets that will reinvent how fans experience Space Engineers. Keen Software House is dedicated to bringing new content, paying close attention to the community, shaping the game together with regular updates, and supporting creators by offering complete access to the game’s source code.
Articles You May Enjoy
- El Oriente Open for Uncharted Waters Online
- CJ Games Global has launched the El Oriente expansion for Uncharted Waters Online, opening the China and Taiwan region for exploration.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Supremacy DLC Coming to PS and PC
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Supremacy is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC on July 2.
- The Future of MMORPGs - As Written by the Past
- It's no secret that this is a time of great tumult for the MMORPG genre. With the imminent release of Wildstar Online, many are saying th...