SMITE Xbox One gameplay revealed at World Championship
Hi-Rez Studios today announced that the first public showing of SMITE on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, will be during the SMITE World Championship (SWC), being held January 9 – 11, 2015, at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre in Atlanta, GA.
SWC attendees will be able to play a pre-release version of SMITE on Xbox One in a dedicated area at the venue. In addition, those watching the live stream of SWC via Twitch will get a sneak peak at SMITE’s Xbox One gameplay during the first day of the competition. As the first multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) title to arrive on the console, SMITE has been remade from the battleground up to deliver the same deep action experience of the PC version with a comfortable, natural feel on Xbox One controllers.
The SWC will feature the top two teams each from North America, Europe and China, joined by the top team from Brazil and the top team from Spanish-speaking Latin America. Over three days of intense competition, these challengers will battle before a live audience and online viewers until one is crowned the SMITE World Champion.
The SWC prize pool, currently at over $1.7 million, increases each time SMITE players purchase exclusive content from the Odyssey, a special mythology-themed promotion inside the game. Over $1 million in community contributions have been made in the past 19 weeks. Another three weeks remain before the prize pool total is finalized, and additional Odyssey items will continue to be revealed until then.
Standard ticket passes for the SMITE World Championship are on sale now. Digital tickets are also available now through a special promotion for subscribers to Smitegame’s Twitch.TV channel.
For more information on the SMITE World Championship, visit swc.smitegame.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends: New Champion "Gnar" revealed
- RIOT Games as recently revealed a new champion for League of Legends known as "Gnar: The Missing Link". Gnar’s a prehistoric yordl...
- Civilization VI AI Battle Royale Announced
- It's a time honored tradition among hardcore Civ fans to wonder how the AI fares against each other without human player interference.
- ASTA Launches With Myth I: Wrath of the Berserkers Expansion
- ASTA – The War of Tears and Winds has now been officially launched with the release of its first expansion "Myth I: Wrath of the Berse...