Shotgun News 10/15: TSW, Rift, Warface, and Much More!
The Secret World Previews Upcoming Augment System
With Issue 8 development coming to an end The Secret World has taken some time to look at the new Augment system. The Augment System is a new level of customization for experienced players who have most of the skills and abilities they want. Augments offer four new skill lines, Damage, Support, Healing, and Survivability. Find out more on the official website for The Secret World.
Rift Server Merge Announced
Trion has announced that next week several server mergers will be taking place in Rift for North American and European audiences. Characters from the seven servers will automatically be moved to other servers to help increase the population of them. In addition the servers will be truly international for the first time. The architecture will now allow players to experience content in French on a German server as an example. The server merge will take place on October 23rd for North America and October 24th for Europe.
Warface Launch Date Approaches
Crytek’s free to play FPS Warface will be launching next week on October 21st. Registration is going on now. And to get a taste of what’s to come check out the official launch trailer below.
Today Bigpoint closes two of their online games. Universal Monsters, a MOBA and MMORPG The Mummy Online will shut down today. In both cases a drop in players is being blamed for the closure.
Solstice Arena Launches on Steam
Solstice Arena, the cross platform MOBA has arrived in Steam for PCs. It is now available on PC, Mac, and iOS. Each match in this speed MOBA lasts from 5 to 12 minutes. Players can play with others on other platforms and current iOS players will be able to transfer to progress from Mac and iOS.
Games mentioned in this article
- The Secret World - Imagine if every myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend was true. Imagine a world where you can become anything you want to be, without restrictions such as classes or levels. This is the premise for The Secret World, Funcom’s upcoming massively multiplayer online game set in the modern-day real world. Be whoever you want to be and play however you want to play. The Secret World is completely without classes and levels, allowing you to progress freely.
- RIFT - Rift is a 3D fantasy MMORPG. Chose to fight against the coming apocalypse as a member of the Guardians or Defiant faction.
- Warface - Warface, published by Crytek, utilizes CryENGINE3 for amazing graphics no matter the PC. The game features intuitive controls, immersive team-based play and fast paced action. Warface will feature an entire universe that offers both a solid PvE experience along with competitive, class-based PvP play. With daily updates offered, Warface promises to be the next best AAA Free-to-play title.
- Universal Monsters Online - Battle with the beasts in Universal Monsters Online, a licensed online arena game from Bigpoint and Universal Studios.
- The Mummy Online - The Mummy Online is a browser MMORPG based around the events in the movie "The Mummy". Featuring a top down style control scheme players can explore some of ancient Egypt's darkest secrets.
- Solstice Arena - Are your fingers fast and furious? Pick from over a dozen heroes and jump straight into the action with Solstice Arena, a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) for iPad and iPhone. With no farming, extensive character customization, and an attitude against pay to win monetization, you can get in your matches and get on with your life.