Shards of War: New Sci-Fi MOBA revealed
Bigpoint, a leading global developer and publisher of online games, announces the release of Shards of War. The beta phase of the world’s first, science fiction oriented MOBA will start shortly as a free-to-play client game.
War of the Worlds – Defend Your Home
In the future, scientists discover how to open gates to parallel worlds (Shards), thus proving that several alternate versions of earth exist. This new portal technology has created a crossroads of disparate universes on earth and plunged humanity into a state of chaos. The ensuing clash, as each reality vies for its own survival, has created a new age of unmatched conflict like nothing ever before. In this age of strife, powerful warriors known as Sentinels arise from each reality; some to defend, some to conquer. The Shards of War are upon us.
Intense MOBA Action in a Unique Multiverse
Shards of War is a new twist on the traditional MOBA game mode. Classic MOBA strategy has been fused with the speed and WASD style controls of top down shooters to create a unique PvP experience with both tactical depth and fast paced action.
In Shards of War, two teams of five compete against each other in 20-minute matches, fighting to dominate the other team and destroy their headquarters. At launch, there will be ten unique sentinels available for players to choose from: Flatline, Bulwark, Valkyrie, Vulcan, Rhino, Blitz, Striker, Gemini, Cobra, and Warhead. Every sentinel is a specialist in their field: attack, support or tank.
The objective of the rival team is to destroy the enemy headquarters by conquering and defending three different paths (lanes). Each team is given A.I.-controlled drones to help them in their mission. These drones are regularly shipped out by the headquarters to provide assistance. Both teams also have the opportunity to seize neutral drones in the map’s central zone. Experience points are rewarded to both teams for taking down enemy drones, destroying defensive towers and wiping out enemy players.: These points can be used by each team member to unlock valuable items that can then be taken into each match and equipped during the battle (Loadout system).
After every completed mission, players will be rewarded with treasure chests which will contain different materials of various rarity. These materials can be used to create items or upgrade existing items into stronger items in the game’s crafting area.
By leveling up one’s own account, opportunities will be unlocked to individual players to hone their character and activate stronger items.
Key Features of Shards of War:
- Traditional 5 vs. 5 PvP MOBA gameplay
- Science-fiction based, unique setting
- Lots of action and intuitive controls through top-down navigation (WASD)
- Item upgrades and crafting
- Loadout system (Opportunity to choose from a pool of different items before the match)
Further information can be found on the official homepage: http://www.shardsofwar.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Forge of Empires Reaches 100 Million Euros Lifetime Revenue
- InnoGames' strategy game Forge of Empires has reached a lifetime revenue of 100 million Euros.
- Fedeen Games Reveals Forsaken World Mobile's Fashion Clothing
- Fedeen Games is pleased to announce that they have been awarded a "Top Developer" badge on the Google Play store.
- Nosgoth Welcomes All to the Legacy of Kain Universe with Open Beta
- Open Beta status means all players worldwide are free-to-play Nosgoth, which pits the resourceful Human faction against their marauding Vampir...