Scraps: Modular Vehicle Combat is now on Mac & Linux
Moment Studio’s Scraps: Modular Vehicle Combat is now available for Mac and Linux! A highly-customizable car combat game driven by realistic physics and enough explosions to make Michael Bay cry, Scraps takes inspiration from Interstate ‘76, Lego Racers, and Stratosphere to deliver platform-agnostic, four-wheel carnage of the highest order. To celebrate this momentous occasion, Scraps can be purchased for a limited time for only $9.75 (Steam Early Access).
Scraps allows players to design the combat machines of their dreams — thanks to its deep vehicle creation system. Armor, weapons, engines, and heat sinks interact with each other and can greatly affect car behavior. Put too much weight on one side, and soon enough they’ll be driving on two wheels like K.I.T.T. in Knight Rider (the original, not the remake). Collecting scraps allows players to purchase upgrades or repair vehicles. New parts — and weapons — can be unlocked with the spoils of war. The game’s memorable vehicular deathmatches can be enjoyed online or via LAN for some old-fashioned fragging.
“I’m pleased to announce that Scraps for Mac and Linux is now a reality!” said Bill Borman, founder of Moment Studio. “It’s taken a bit of work to get this full cross-platform support — particularly as a solo developer — but Scraps can now have Mac, Linux, and Windows users all fighting together in the arena. Let the platform wars begin!”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Skyforge Mechanoid Invasion Begins Today
- Developers Allods Team and Obsidian Entertainment and publisher My.com have launched the second Invasion in Skyforge today.
- Orcs Must Die! Unchained Patch 2.2 - Rifty Business Now Live
- The new patch 2.2 has been dubbed "Rifty Business," and contains many new changes and updates since the last patch was released.
- Blade and Soul Beta Blog Part 2 - PvE
- Now that the second closed beta for Blade & Soul has come and gone, it’s time to showcase my adventures in the world of Blade & Sou...