RuneScape: Player heat maps released
Jagex, creators and custodians of the fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, have today released two new heats maps that visually depict player activity before and after the recent launch of The Lost City of the Elves expansion pack. Captured as part of the city’s doors opening mid-morning on the 22nd September 2014, they represent an aggregation of all global server populations and utilise a logarithmic scale to represent groups of players.
Divided into two framed sequences the maps provide a visual representation of activity throughout the game’s world of Gielinor, as well as a more detailed overview of activity within the city of Prifddinas itself. In the first map, the surge of players moving towards the gates of the city can be clearly seen prior to them opening. Providing a more localised view, the second map depicts the locations and activities that most attracted their interest once they were inside the city.
The Lost City of the Elves is the epic conclusion of a quest chain that players first learned about 10 years ago, and culminates with access to a host of exciting new areas to explore, each packed with fresh features for experienced characters to engage with.
For more info, visit http://www.runescape.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Echo of Soul MMO Launches on Steam
- Echo of Soul, the new full-featured, free-to-play fantasy MMORPG from Aeria Games, is now available on the Steam platform.
- The Lord of the Rings Online Update 10 Released
- New dungeons and raids await players who step into LOTRO this week!
- Heroes of the Storm Americas Championship in Las Vegas this September
- Blizzard has announced that it has partnered with ESL and Twitch to bring the 2015 Americas Championship live from Las Vegas, Nevada.