RuneScape adds dungeoneering skill
RuneScape has added the Dungeoneering skill, available for all players (including free to play). The update is one of the largest to date in terms of environment size.
The skill allows players to venture either alone or with a group into the dungeons of Daemonheim, facing enemies, puzzles, and bosses for a chance at reward items and skill upgrades. The dungeon can be accessed via boat from behind the Al Kharid bank. The rewards trader is at the Fremennik camp south of Daemonheim.
Dungeoneering Skill!“As my foot touched the first icy cobblestone, a sense of dread flowed through my already shivering limbs. I could feel a presence, powerful and malevolent, hidden in the darkness before me. Cautiously, I rounded the corner, and was hit by a blast of hot, sulphur-smelling air. There was a sound of cracking bone and gristle that turned my stomach. Then my eyes adjusted and I saw it: a hulking demon, sitting before a blood-spattered stone door and feasting on the bodies of my fallen brothers. It was in that moment, as I raised my axe and prepared to charge for vengeance or death, that I gave the place the name it now bears…the Dungeons of Daemonheim.”
It’s out! The new skill is here and it’s available on free-to-play! You’ll receive all the equipment you need to train the skill when you arrive, so catch a boat to Daemonheim from behind the Al Kharid bank to start your new adventures!
Within each dungeon, the adventuring party is asked to solve puzzles and fight monsters, while using their skills to overcome the fiendish challenges that stand in their way. Use your skills to equip your party members, search for loot and keys and explore the floor until you find the epic boss monster at the end.
The environment contains hundreds of new objects, NPCs, rooms and locations covering an area more than 60 times the size of Falador – more than any single update ever has!
After adventuring (with a group of up to 4 other players), you’ll be able to access a wealth of new skill upgrades and reward items, including new weapons and armour for both the free and members’ game.
Articles You May Enjoy
- E3 2016 - Day 2 Recap: Livelock, Lego Worlds, Dawn of War III, and Mount & Blade II
- Day 2 began as more of a traditional convention day for us at a rather non-traditional E3. The show just seemed slightly off this year.
- Free-to-Play Week in Review - 10/16/2015
- Our editors are back after a one-week hiatus to tackle the latest news in free-to-play MMOs and online games!
- World of Tanks Blitz: Release Date Announced
- Wargaming today revealed the release date for the mobile free-to-play MMO action title World of Tanks Blitz. The game will go live worldwide o...