New feature in Runescape puts power in hands of players
Jagex has just announced a new update for Runescape that gives players the power to control the future direction of their MMO experience with their new “Power to the Players” strategy. This joint effort between Jagex and the passionate RuneScape community aims to ensure the game’s continued success at grassroots level, providing member players with ongoing opportunities to shape the world of RuneScape like never before. The launch of “Power to the Players” has already seen the introduction of an in-game polling system that poses a critical, high-tier ‘Dragonstone’ question for players: ‘Invention skill vs Elf City – which do you want first?’ Both options are highly anticipated content updates, but it is up to members to decide which will be developed and launched into RuneScape later in the year.
“After unveiling the Power to the Players initiative at the end of 2013, we are delighted to begin this exciting new era with the launch of the first poll. We’re eager to listen to our players and their wants, and this poll emphasises the importance we place on listening to our loyal player-base,” said Neil McClarty, Marketing Director for RuneScape.
In addition to monthly ‘Dragonstone’ polls, members will also have the opportunity to take part in more frequent ‘Diamond’ and ‘Ruby’ polls. These mid- and low-tier polls will help decide topics such as which new dragon should be added into the game, and whether the spring event should be Easter-themed or not.
“The launch of Power to the Players marks the exciting start of democratisation in RuneScape as we provide players with significant means to shape a game they have been passionate about for more than 13 years. This journey began RuneScape 3’s launch last year, which saw the start of world events where player actions determined the outcome,” said Phil Mansell, Executive Producer for RuneScape. “RuneScape continues to push boundaries even in its maturity, and I can’t wait to see where the players take us.”
The first poll, Invention skill vs Elf City, closes on 31st January.
For more information, visit: www.RuneScape.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Top 10 Best Fantasy MMORPGs / MMOs (2010)
- Without a doubt, Fantasy MMORPGs, are the most common games in the MMORPG market, so picking out just 10 of them from many good ones is going
- WeMade USA Appoints Philip Yun as CEO
- WeMade USA, the United States subsidiary of WeMade Entertainment, has announced the hiring of Philip Yun as their Chief Executive Officer.
- Global Tournament & First PvE Content Coming To HEX: Shards of Fate
- HEX Entertainment and Gameforge recently updated with the first single-player PvE content for Hex: Shards of Fate.