Rocket League Releases New Items And A Free Map
Psyonix, independent developer and publisher of the critically-acclaimed sports-action game, Rocket League, has released today its first paid downloadable content pack. Dubbed “Supersonic Fury,” the new DLC introduces two new exclusive vehicles, “Dominus” the muscle car and “Takumi” the Japanese street racer, plus several new Decals, Paint Types, Rocket Boosts, Wheels, PlayStation® Trophies, and Steam Achievements.
Psyonix has also released a free game update that includes the highly-anticipated “Spectate” mode, allowing players to join live Private games to watch other people play. The new “Utopia Coliseum” gameplay arena, 70-plus Country Flags, numerous other customization items, and the new single “Firework” from critically-acclaimed electronica group Hollywood Principle, is also in the update.
- The “Supersonic Fury” DLC Pack includes:
- Dominus (classic American muscle car)
- Takumi (’90s-era Japanese street racer)
- 6 New Decals for both new Battle-Cars
- 5 New Paint Types
- Brushed Metal
- Carbon Fiber
- Metallic Pearl
- 2 New Rocket Boosts
- New Wheels
- Cristiano (Soccer-themed rims)
- Spinner (Working spinner wheels)
- The simultaneously-released Free Update includes:
- Utopia Coliseum – New regulation-type arena, thematically inspired by Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars‘ Utopia map
- “Spectate” Mode – Watch other players in real-time from any angle in 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 Private matches — 4v4 coming later
- 3v3 Ranked Mode – By popular demand!
- 70+ New Country Flags – Puerto Rico, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and more
- Special – “We’re Sorry the Servers Were Borked at Launch” customization items
- New Single – “Firework,” by Hollywood Principle
Articles You May Enjoy
- LEGO Minifigures Online Open Beta Launching in June
- Funcom announces that LEGO Minifigures Online will transition to public open beta this summer in select areas.
- Albion Online: Summer Alpha Content Update Introduces Deadlands
- After 2.5 weeks, Sandbox Interactive, developers of sandbox MMORPG Albion Online, have released some first stats about Summer Alpha.
- World of Warships Launch Review
- The game is eye candy. Even since my open beta preview write-up where I was already dazzled, the visuals have improved tenfold.