Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Officially Announced
While appearing onstage at the inaugural E3 2015 presentation of The PC Gaming Show, Tripwire Interactive and Anti-Matter Games revealed that Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, the sequel to 2013’s critically acclaimed Rising Storm, was officially in development for the PC. To accompany the announcement Tripwire released a teaser trailer for the game that shows the popular FPS series moving to the Vietnam War, where American and Vietnamese forces square off in a whole new generation of warfare.
Tripwire’s military shooter series featuring Red Orchestra and Rising Storm has been widely heralded as one of the most authentic and realistic multiplayer FPS experiences since the award winning original game, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, debuted in 2006. 2011’s Red Orchestra 2 came next and won PC Gamer’s award for “FPS of the Year (Multiplayer). Rising Storm then moved the action to the Pacific conflict and won PC Gamer’s 2013 Multiplayer Game of the Year. Rising Storm 2: Vietnam looks to once again raise the bar and move the series into a new era of combat.
“We’re bringing our gritty and realistic military shooter gameplay forward to a time when assault rifles ruled the ground, choppers ruled the skies, and every tunnel could hide an ambush,” said Tripwire Interactive President, John Gibson, “The iconic setting of Vietnam opens up so many opportunities for exciting asymmetrical gameplay.”
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is being developed by Anti-Matter Games and Tripwire Interactive and published by Tripwire Interactive for the PC. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB.
For more info, visit http://www.risingstorm2.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star Trek Online Launches Season 7 - New Romulus
- Perfect World Entertainment has announced the launch of its latest update for Star Trek Online.
- Villagers and Heroes Review
- Villagers and Heroes is an MMO that many people have unfortunately never heard of. It doesn’t have the huge budget, but makes up for it with...
- Dragon's Prophet Olandra Update Interview
- This week we will be introducing a new zone called Olandra, which will introduce players to some very cool features. For starters, players wil...