Rise of Immortals announced
Rise of Immortals, a new free-to-play MOBA/DotA style game, has been announced by Petroglyph Games.
The game will feature 12 heroes initially, along with persistent experience, artifacts, and skill trees that will progress with the player, rather than being reset on each match. PvE training missions will be added in addition to PvP arenas, and the game will also feature social player hubs and in-depth stat tracking and leaderboards.
Closed beta sign-ups are now being accepted at the game’s website, with the game set to launch this spring.
Rise of Immortals Gameplay Screenshot
PETROGLYPH® REVEALS “RISE OF IMMORTALS”™ – ANNOUNCES SIGNUPS FOR UPCOMING CLOSED BETA TEST
A Fresh Take on the “Multiplayer Online Battle Arena” Genre, Petroglyph Introduces Innovations Designed to Appeal to both Core and Casual MOBA Gamers
LAS VEGAS, NV – February 22, 2011 – Petroglyph Games, Inc.™ (Petroglyph) today announced Rise of Immortals™, an online, free-to-play PC game that expands on the hit Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) genre with new, innovative features designed to appeal to both core and casual players.
Rise of Immortals is set in the world of Graxia, 300 years after the events of “Guardians of Graxia,”™ Petroglyph’s fantasy-based PC game released last year. Rise of Immortals features the popular action-strategy gameplay of traditional MOBA games, but adds enhanced socialization features, along with persistent character progression – a first for the MOBA genre. Instead of an account-based leveling system, players can advance their Immortals through a diverse, persistent skill tree, customizing and upgrading the characters to unlock unique abilities that persist from match to match.
In addition, Rise of Immortals features a social hub where players can show off their enhanced Immortals, chat, emote, browse leaderboards, shop, manage friend and guild lists and more. Players also have the option of taking their Immortals through cooperative Player versus Environment (PvE) scenarios to learn the game, try out new abilities, and earn persistent experience before jumping into Player versus Player (PvP) matches online.
“Many people at Petroglyph are huge fans of MOBA gameplay, so developing Rise of Immortals was truly a passion project for the studio,” said Steve Wetherill, executive producer of Rise of Immortals for Petroglyph. “We recognize that there can be a high barrier to entry in current MOBA games on the market, and we wanted to expand the genre with a title that offers new features that will appeal both to current fans, as well as those who are new to this type of game.”
In addition to today’s unveil of Rise of Immortals, Petroglyph also announced that signups are now open for the game’s upcoming closed beta test. Players interested in trying this innovative and enhanced MOBA-style game can apply today to be part of the online testing by visiting http://www.riseofimmortals.com. Petroglyph will continue to expand the beta test over the next several weeks, prior to the game’s official launch in the spring of 2011.
Features of Rise of Immortals:
- 12 unique Immortals at launch with additional Immortals released on a regular basis
- Persistent per-Immortal level progression and skill trees
- Persistent artifacts for stat enhancements
- Player versus Environment instances with collectable items
- Player versus Player instances with up to 5v5 multiplayer
- Persistent experience and leveling in both PvP and PvE instances
- Collectible pets for combat and vanity
- Account and Immortal statistics tracking
- Player hub instances for socialization
Rise of Immortals is a free-to-play, micro-transaction-based online game that will be available via direct download. The game will launch with a dozen distinctive Immortals that players can further customize as they progress through the game. Items that can be purchased from the in-game store include new Immortal skins and consumable items like in-game boosters and elixirs. Post-launch, Petroglyph plans to release new content on a regular basis, including additional Immortals, arenas, skins, sound packs, pets and more.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Alteil Horizons Offers Detailed Plans in Kickstarter Update
- Indie developer Apocoplay has released a clear vision of their goals for the innovative iTCG, Alteil Horizons. Not only do they lay out the fo...
- Game of Thrones MMO Gets Official Name
- Bigpoint has announced that its Game of Thrones MMO will be officially named Game of Thrones Seven Kingdoms.
- Total War Rome II + CoH 2 Hosts Anti-Valentine's Day Event
- SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd present the rematch of the heavyweight strategy gaming contest they said could never happen, wi...