Riot Games Acquired Fully by Tencent
In a company blog post this week, Riot Game, sdeveloper and publisher of League of Legends, revealed that its shares had been fully acquired by its majority investor, Tencent Games.
As a result of our continued growth and changing circumstances, we’re shifting to a new structure to recognize and reward Rioters’ contributions – and that first involves a big change to our existing equity program. As part of this effort, our majority investor, Tencent, recently purchased the remaining equity of Riot Games. This allows us to move away from a Riot equity program towards a cash based incentive program that allows Rioters to share in Riot’s success.
Tencent Holdings Company is a Chinese media investment company and one of the largest internet companies in the world, and partners with many western gaming companies to publish in China and the eastern world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shotgun News 11/21: EVE, Drakensang, Neverwinter, and More!
- A daily shot of MMO news featuring the best and biggest news in the industry.
- Ralin: Dwarf Wars - Roguelike RPG Now On Kickstarter
- Today indie developer, Ogadonix Studios, have launched a Kickstarter campaign for Ralin: Dwarf Wars, for PC, Mac and Nintendo Wii U.
- Experience Divine Rebirth In King of Kings 3
- King of Kings 3 has released its latest update, Divine Rebirth.