Riot Games Acquired Fully by Tencent
In a company blog post this week, Riot Game, sdeveloper and publisher of League of Legends, revealed that its shares had been fully acquired by its majority investor, Tencent Games.
As a result of our continued growth and changing circumstances, we’re shifting to a new structure to recognize and reward Rioters’ contributions – and that first involves a big change to our existing equity program. As part of this effort, our majority investor, Tencent, recently purchased the remaining equity of Riot Games. This allows us to move away from a Riot equity program towards a cash based incentive program that allows Rioters to share in Riot’s success.
Tencent Holdings Company is a Chinese media investment company and one of the largest internet companies in the world, and partners with many western gaming companies to publish in China and the eastern world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tribal Wars 2: Now in Open Beta
- Online games developer InnoGames is calling all players to join their tribe with the Open Beta start for Tribal Wars 2. Players can start play...
- League of Legends Team Builder in Testing for North America
- Riot Games has opened up testing for the new Team Builder queue in League of Legends for North American players.
- The Secret World's Season Finale is here!
- The Secret World® has just gotten a major content and story update with Issue #11: Reaping the Whirlwind.