Riot Games Acquired Fully by Tencent
In a company blog post this week, Riot Game, sdeveloper and publisher of League of Legends, revealed that its shares had been fully acquired by its majority investor, Tencent Games.
As a result of our continued growth and changing circumstances, we’re shifting to a new structure to recognize and reward Rioters’ contributions – and that first involves a big change to our existing equity program. As part of this effort, our majority investor, Tencent, recently purchased the remaining equity of Riot Games. This allows us to move away from a Riot equity program towards a cash based incentive program that allows Rioters to share in Riot’s success.
Tencent Holdings Company is a Chinese media investment company and one of the largest internet companies in the world, and partners with many western gaming companies to publish in China and the eastern world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- War of the Immortals launches Lost Omen
- The Lost Omen expansion is now live in War of the Immortals.
- Cannon Brawl: Now Available
- Featured as a PAX 10 selection, as well as having won the Activision Independent Games award, Cannon Brawl is the highly anticipated debut tit...
- Krosmaster Takes on a New Milestone
- The beta of the new fully animated 3D version of Krosmaster Arena is now available.