Riot Games Acquired Fully by Tencent
In a company blog post this week, Riot Game, sdeveloper and publisher of League of Legends, revealed that its shares had been fully acquired by its majority investor, Tencent Games.
As a result of our continued growth and changing circumstances, we’re shifting to a new structure to recognize and reward Rioters’ contributions – and that first involves a big change to our existing equity program. As part of this effort, our majority investor, Tencent, recently purchased the remaining equity of Riot Games. This allows us to move away from a Riot equity program towards a cash based incentive program that allows Rioters to share in Riot’s success.
Tencent Holdings Company is a Chinese media investment company and one of the largest internet companies in the world, and partners with many western gaming companies to publish in China and the eastern world.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Winning Putt Spring Update Press Preview
- Winning Putt’s first big update is coming out shortly, titled the Spring Update.
- New One-Shot Story Content in Marvel Heroes
- Marvel Heroes introduces a new style of content, called One-Shot Stories.
- Neverwinter: Storm King's Thunder Breaks Ground August 16
- Neverwinter: Storm King’s Thunder will launch on PC August 16 and on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 at a later date.