Recursive Colony arrives in Global Agenda
The latest free expansion for Global Agenda, Recursive Colony (version 1.5), is live today.
The Recursive Colony is a hive-mind faction of robots intruding on Dome City, and introduces a new open zone, mission instances, and enemies. Also new in the expansion are daily repeatable quests (solo and team); new dyes, flair, trails, pets, and blueprints; improved crafting; redesigned intro missions; cross-instance chat-channels; and two new PvP maps: Push Dust and Colony Caverns.
Global Agenda is published by Hi-Rez Studios, which is developing Tribes: Ascend and Smite.
Global Agenda Gameplay Screenshot
Global Agenda Recursive Colony Expansion Goes Live, Free For All PlayersNew cinematic trailer showcases the rise of robots in a new Open Zone
ATLANTA – September 21, 2011 —Today, Hi-Rez Studios announced that the Recursive Colony expansion to Global Agenda is now live and available to all players with no purchase required. Version 1.5 is the first major expansion since Global Agenda became free-to-play last April and it is largest content update in the game’s history.
Called “Recursive Colony”, the expansion is themed around an electronic, hive-mind faction of robots constructing robots and intruding upon the player social hub of Dome City.
Supporting this expansion, Hi-Rez Studios has released a brand new cinematic trailer that highlights the new zone, new mission instances, new enemies, and the escalated conflict between man and machines. (link to trailer)
“Global Agenda’s move to free-to-play has been a resounding success”, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO “and we’re excited to be in a position where we can add such a significant content expansion and make it available for free to the entire community. Many players have asked for a quest-driven, narrative experience beyond level 20 as an alternative to the instanced PvE and PvP missions. Our dev team listened, and today delivers in a huge way with this new open zone!”
Notable expansion additions include:
· New Open Zone with several instanced missions, quest chains, mid-high level content, and social spaces
· New enemies – including world bosses and instanced mission bosses
· Daily Repeatable Quests – for solo agents and teams. Some quests take place in zones, while others send teams into Recursive Colony hive nodes and ruins. These quests include new 4-man defense Raid missions – now available to smaller groups (1-4) at lower levels (20+)
· New Dyes, Flair, and Trails – rewards for winning missions, completing daily quests, rare bot drops and achievements
· New Pets – new pets available as rewards and crafted items.
· New Blueprints – for consumables and mods
· Easier crafting – components now within the zone, to help with leveling crafting skills
· New PvP Map – Push Dust will be entering the Merc queue from Beta
· New PvP Acquisition/CTR Map – Colony Caverns will be entering the Beta Queue
· Revamped Intro Missions – Tutorials now include class-specific elements to help train new players
· Some quests now affect the state of the world (example – Brownouts in Dome City…)
· Ability to transfer between different Open Zone instances (and VR Arena)
· Open Zone cross-instance chat channels
· Disconnect to Character Select Screen without re-login
· Improved Vendor Item Previewing
Articles You May Enjoy
- Combat Arms is now Transatlantic
- The merge into one global server maximises and unifies the player base, allowing for transatlantic matchmaking.
- Skyforge Open Beta Begins Today
- Allods Team, Obsidian Entertainment, and My.com have kicked off the Open Beta for Skyforge.