Prominence Poker Closed Beta Available Now
Starting today, players seeking the thrill of high stakes poker can visit the city of Prominence, a gambling utopia founded by crooked goons, as 505 Games’ Prominence Poker enters Closed Beta on Steam. 505 Games introduces its next original IP, following the success of Portal Knights, with Prominence Poker, which is being created by the veteran indie studio Pipeworks. The game’s full launch on Windows PC (Steam), PlayStation4 computer entertainment system and the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft is expected in 2016.
Players enter Prominence Poker with only their wits and their poker face as they explore unsuspecting and seedy locations for underground games, including the local casino, a dive biker bar and the backroom of a laundromat, to build their reputation. They will also face off against unscrupulous characters across four cunning factions as they work their way up to challenge the leader of each group — all for a final showdown with “The Mayor” — the mysterious town founder.
Along the way, players can create their own poker alter ego from head-to-toe and earn experience points to unlock emotes, unique items and prestige. An intricate bluff-and-tell system will have players reading their opponents for clues to their hand strength, with subtle gestures including speed of play, frequency of card checks and more. Prominence Poker also includes a deep multiplayer experience with regularly scheduled events, daily challenges, tournaments, ranked modes, unlockable new venues and other future content.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Vainglory PAX South Interview and Ardan Preview
- Ardan is a flexible support character with a unique vengeance resource mechanic. This fills up as he takes damage and enables his abilities.
- Joymax Promises to Ignite Silkroad
- Joymax announced today that they will be launching a new update for Silkroad Online this November.
- My Ten Cents on SMITE
- Tencent Holdings Limited, Asia’s top internet company and the fourth largest gaming company in the world, and Hi-Rez Studios, developer of f...