Player-Owned Ports Open in RuneScape
Jagex has launched a new update for RuneScape, adding high level content and player-owned ports.
Players can control and run their own port, commissioning voyages to unmapped parts of the world and building a center of nautical commerce. Improving one’s port can let players house more ships and attract better crew for their trips. Rewards for taking the time to build a port will include high level crafting recipes and eastern armor.
“Player-Owned Ports is something that our players have been looking forward to since it was announced at RuneFest last year,” said Mark Ogilvie, RuneScape Design Director. “It’s exciting for players on a couple of levels, not only are we allowing them to explore a whole new area of the map which comes with its own lore, monsters and races, but we’re also giving them another bit of the game which they can call their own. We’ve produced a large amount of low level content for our players recently, so we wanted to produce something for players who had higher levels and give them something that they could really get their teeth into.”
To celebrate the new update, the team created a silly video which you can watch below.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Planet Calypso: Halloween Mayhem 2014 Now Available
- Planet Calypso AB, operator of the longest established planet in the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (MMORCE), announce...
- Dragon Nest Starts 2014 Strong with Requiem of Twilight
- Dragon Nest tests their players with ultimate new challenges and a lustre talisman system to give them a fighting chance.
- Greed Monger Kickstarted MMO Hits Hard Times
- Some of you may remember Greed Monger from a few years ago. It was one of the earlier Kickstarter MMO projects to be funded.