PlanetSide 2’s PS4 Closed Beta Arrives January 20
The first wave of PlayStation®4 players is set to deploy to Auraxis on January 20, 2015. Today, Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) announced that the critically-acclaimed, free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter (MMOFPS), PlanetSide®2, will enter Closed Beta for the PlayStation 4 (PS4) computer entertainment system in North America this month.
Starting with a few thousand initial invites, the amount of players with access to the Closed Beta will steadily increase through the Beta period. Players will be invited to the Beta in chronological order of when they signed up. Players can opt in by email for a chance to participate in the Closed Beta through the PlanetSide 2 website.
The ideal console platform for PlanetSide 2, the PlayStation 4 will showcase the beauty, depth and frenetic open-world combat found in game like never before. PlanetSide 2 will be the only PS4 game that allows massive communities of players to come together to simultaneously experience enormous battles, giving players a truly massive world combat experience.
PlanetSide 2 Closed Beta will begin on Jan. 20, 2015 for the PlayStation 4, with a full PS4 launch slated for later this year. For additional details on the PlayStation 4 version, visit the PlanetSide 2 FAQ.
More information can be found in Executive Producer Clint Worley’s blog post.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Carbine Studios Debuts WildStar Loremageddon Series
- WildStar begins to answer community lore questions.
- Destiny: Makes over 500 Million in One Day
- Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that the company sold more...
- Star Trek Online News - Season 12 Announced
- Star Trek Online will celebrate its 7th anniversary with the launch of Season 12 - Reckoning.