Planetside 2: Sneaking a Peek at Battle Islands
Sony Online Entertainment today notified PlanetSide 2 Outfit leaders that they must prepare to train the troops for 48×48 competitive combat, as Battle Islands are in development for Auraxis!
Battle Islands are designed to emulate the live game as closely as possible, but in a tighter space to encourage Outfit vs. Outfit competitive, close-quarters gameplay. Battle Islands will be integrated into the live game servers and will have a population cap. All gear, vehicles and features available in the open world of Auraxis will be available in the Battle Islands… just with fewer places to run or hide. Multiple win conditions will encourage both offensive and defensive tactics, so outfits will be challenged to come up with mixed-arms battle plans tailored for their opponents.
To help Outfits prepare, SOE is giving players a sneak peek at one of the islands, Nexus. A throwback to the original PlanetSide battle islands and themes, the Nexus battle island features an icy terrain, complete with ice caves, alpine forests, frozen canyons and ice fields.
As troops train for Battle Islands, they can also start preparations for upcoming updates to the Infiltrator class. The Infiltrator will now be deadlier and stealthier than ever with updates including a stalker cloak, motion sensor and recon drone. Decoy grenades will also help the Infiltrator to distract enemy troops.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Battle of the Immortals Closed Beta Delayed Until April
- The Battle of the Immortals closed beta has officially been delayed until mid April. Those with closed beta keys will need to hold onto them a...
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Goes Officially Free-to-Play
- Bioware has announced the official launch of the free-to-play option for Star Wars: The Old Republic begins today, November 15, 2012.
- Wakfu Raiders Gets First Major Update with Brand-New Frontier Siege Mode
- Wakfu Raiders’ very first major update will be going live soon this week and will add a new spin to the action role-playing game mechanic.