PlanetSide 2: New Continent “Hossin” Available
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today launched Hossin, a new swamp continent for the critically acclaimed free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter (MMOFPS), PlanetSide®2. Players enlisted across the planet Auraxis — whether aligned with Terran Republic (TR), Vanu Sovereignty (VS) or New Conglomerate (NC) — will need to adapt to the unforgiving marshes, low hanging tree canopies and slow-moving, boggy terrain of Hossin in their ongoing battle for world domination.
“Hossin is a massive new continent that will introduce an entirely new type of battle experience to PlanetSide 2. With its swamp-like terrain and natural barriers, players combat skills will be challenged like never before. Facilities and bases are scattered throughout, making infantry combat the most important it’s ever been,” said Matt Higby, Creative Director, PlanetSide 2. “Hossin adds an insane element to PlanetSide 2’s ground / air combat strategy. We are eager to hear community feedback, particularly since Hossin will be continuously updated and enhanced for a long time to come.”
In addition to the release of Hossin, the following new features will also be introduced into PlanetSide 2 today:
- Outfit Recruitment – New streamlined process for building, seeking and joining outfits. Players can choose their crew, their way with this new recruitment tool.
- Outfit Base Capture – New “ownership” system where the facility / outpost is awarded to the top contributing outfit during capture.
- Continent Locking – Offering an unprecedented level of player control, the Auraxian population can now control which continents are open for contest, when those continents have alerts and when warpgates will rotate.
The new Hossin contestable continent is available today for free to all players on Windows PC. PlanetSide 2 will be coming to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system later this year.
For more info, visit http://www.PlanetSide2.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Moving Hazard Free Trial Launches on Steam
- Psyop Games and IllFonic are launching a special free trial version of Moving Hazard.
- Top 10 Best MMOFPS Shooters
- With the explosive growth of the MMO industry, it's not surprising that more and more MMOFPS games are being released each year.
- World of Warplanes to Get a Branch of UFOs
- Wargaming announces flying saucers for players of World of Warplanes.