PlanetSide 1 Shutting Down in July
Daybreak has announced that it will be shutting down PlanetSide 1 on July 1, 2016.
PlanetSide 1 has been kept online since PlanetSide 2’s launch, even being made free-to-play in 2014. However, it is joining Legends of Norrath in a double-sunset this summer.
Daybreak said in its announcement:
While we hope you are as excited as we are about the recent changes, we do have to make a more solemn announcement. On July 1st, at 4:00 PM PT, we will be closing the PlanetSide 1 server. PlanetSide 1 has a very important history with Daybreak Games and a special place in the hearts of those who work on its successor. While we have run the game for free since 2014, due to evolving business needs and technical requirements it has become necessary to conclude this service.
We hope you will take this opportunity to enjoy the remaining time available with each other and please help us give PlanetSide 1 the sendoff it deserves.
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends 2016 Interview - Clubs and Crafting
- With the arrival of Season 6, I had a chance to question the Product Managers of League of Legends to talk clubs and crafting.
- Rising Thunder's Alpha Open to All
- Free-to-play fighting game, Rising Thunder, has announced that the game is now available for anyone to play.
- Camelot Unchained Ups Environmental Lighting to Next Gen Levels
- By utilizing cube map light probes, Camelot Unchained will essentially be able to quickly dynamically render real-to-life lighting effects.