PlanetSide 1 Shutting Down in July
Daybreak has announced that it will be shutting down PlanetSide 1 on July 1, 2016.
PlanetSide 1 has been kept online since PlanetSide 2’s launch, even being made free-to-play in 2014. However, it is joining Legends of Norrath in a double-sunset this summer.
Daybreak said in its announcement:
While we hope you are as excited as we are about the recent changes, we do have to make a more solemn announcement. On July 1st, at 4:00 PM PT, we will be closing the PlanetSide 1 server. PlanetSide 1 has a very important history with Daybreak Games and a special place in the hearts of those who work on its successor. While we have run the game for free since 2014, due to evolving business needs and technical requirements it has become necessary to conclude this service.
We hope you will take this opportunity to enjoy the remaining time available with each other and please help us give PlanetSide 1 the sendoff it deserves.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Elvenar: Closed Beta Now Underway
- Today, InnoGames launched the closed beta of its online fantasy game Elvenar. The strategic city builder will start with a moderate number of ...
- Albion Online Video Shows Simultaneous Cross Platform Play In Real-Time
- Sandbox Interactive reveals a new video showcasing cross-platform play in Albion Online.
- Path of Exile - Sacrifice of the Vaal update now available
- Grinding Gear Games has just released a new updated titled "Sacrifice of the Vaal" for their F2P dungeon-crawler 'Path of Exile...