PlanetSide 1 Shutting Down in July
Daybreak has announced that it will be shutting down PlanetSide 1 on July 1, 2016.
PlanetSide 1 has been kept online since PlanetSide 2’s launch, even being made free-to-play in 2014. However, it is joining Legends of Norrath in a double-sunset this summer.
Daybreak said in its announcement:
While we hope you are as excited as we are about the recent changes, we do have to make a more solemn announcement. On July 1st, at 4:00 PM PT, we will be closing the PlanetSide 1 server. PlanetSide 1 has a very important history with Daybreak Games and a special place in the hearts of those who work on its successor. While we have run the game for free since 2014, due to evolving business needs and technical requirements it has become necessary to conclude this service.
We hope you will take this opportunity to enjoy the remaining time available with each other and please help us give PlanetSide 1 the sendoff it deserves.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Atavism Game Engine Brings MMO Development Tools to All
- Atavism allows game designers to focus on making their game and to not worry about programming,” said Neojac CEO Jacques Rossouw. “In fact...
- World of Warships Closed Beta Impressions
- World of Warships is, as you probably know, Wargaming's latest addition to their "World of" series of games.
- Tree of Savior: S.Korean Version To Be Released Q3 2015
- Nexon Q4 2014 investor’s presentation confirms that Tree of Savior will be published in the second half of 2015 or later. The game release p...