Perpetuum Changes Payment Model As Steam Launch Looms
Avatar Creations has been hard at work improving Perpetuum, a science fiction sandbox MMORPG, and this week starts off with a major announcement: the game is dropping subscriptions in favor of a buy-to-play model.
The decision comes based on feedback from the game’s Greenlight project on Steam, and just after some major changes to the New Player Experience launched last week. The game will officially transition models on April 2; players will only need to $28.99 for a single and final purchase of the game, and will be able to play for free thereafter. Perpetuum will also suspend its 15-day free trial and reactivation period on that day in order to focus on delivering a solid game experience.
Finally, as a gift to active players, any player who has had at least three months of game time on the account will receive the game for free. More details on these changes can be read on the developer blog.
Articles You May Enjoy
- BOID Introduces League and Ratings System
- BOID releases Update 3 and adds ranked play.
- Diablo 3: Patch 2.1 Coming Tuesday
- Blizzard Entertainment has confirmed that it will launch patch 2.1.0 for Diablo III on Tuesday morning.
- Combat Monsters Updated With More Gold, Cards, and Runes
- Following a successful launch on Steam, Combat Monsters has just received a major update including more gold, more cards, more runes and even ...