Perpetuum Changes Payment Model As Steam Launch Looms
Avatar Creations has been hard at work improving Perpetuum, a science fiction sandbox MMORPG, and this week starts off with a major announcement: the game is dropping subscriptions in favor of a buy-to-play model.
The decision comes based on feedback from the game’s Greenlight project on Steam, and just after some major changes to the New Player Experience launched last week. The game will officially transition models on April 2; players will only need to $28.99 for a single and final purchase of the game, and will be able to play for free thereafter. Perpetuum will also suspend its 15-day free trial and reactivation period on that day in order to focus on delivering a solid game experience.
Finally, as a gift to active players, any player who has had at least three months of game time on the account will receive the game for free. More details on these changes can be read on the developer blog.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Mirage: Arcane Warfare Debuting New Content at PAX West 2016
- Torn Banner Studios has announced that two new levels and new gameplay mechanics for Mirage: Arcane Warfare will be showcased @ PAX West.
- Father.IO Begins Crowdfunding for Alternate Reality FPS
- Proxy42, a gaming and hardware company specializing in augmented reality (AR), has launched its pre-sale for Father.IO and the "363R"...
- Shifu: Kung-Fu MMO Recieves March Update
- The Global game publisher 37Games is releasing a new update for its Kung Fu inspired MMORPG "Shifu" on 4th March,2015. New features ...