Perpetuum Changes Payment Model As Steam Launch Looms
Avatar Creations has been hard at work improving Perpetuum, a science fiction sandbox MMORPG, and this week starts off with a major announcement: the game is dropping subscriptions in favor of a buy-to-play model.
The decision comes based on feedback from the game’s Greenlight project on Steam, and just after some major changes to the New Player Experience launched last week. The game will officially transition models on April 2; players will only need to $28.99 for a single and final purchase of the game, and will be able to play for free thereafter. Perpetuum will also suspend its 15-day free trial and reactivation period on that day in order to focus on delivering a solid game experience.
Finally, as a gift to active players, any player who has had at least three months of game time on the account will receive the game for free. More details on these changes can be read on the developer blog.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Aura Kingdom DevBlog 3: The Ultimate Choice
- To go along with our latest class reveals, today we’d like to go into the wide world of skill customization! As we’ve already discussed in...
- Knight’s Fable Open Beta Announcement
- GTArcade is excited to announce we’re all set to release the Open Beta of our highly anticipated MMORPG title, Knight’s Fable, on May 29th...
- Path of Exile Celebrates One Month Since Launch & Adds Supporter Packs
- Grinding Gear Games today announced that their popular action RPG, Path of Exile, has exceeded initial expectations just one month after the g...