Path of Exile’s First PvP Invitational Tournament Streams This Weekend
Following an eventful and well-received PvP Season One, Grinding Gear Games, developer of the award-winning action RPG Path of Exile, will be hosting the game’s very first PvP invitational this weekend.
Livestreamed on the official Path of Exile Twitch channel at twitch.tv/pathofexile with commentary from popular Path of Exile streamers WillyWonka and GreenDude, two invitational events will take place at the following scheduled times:
European PvP Season One Invitational
Saturday, January 17 at 10am PST/7pm CET/Sunday at 7am NZST
American PvP Season One Invitational
Sunday, January 18 at 5pm PST/Monday at 2am CET/2pm NZST
Each invitational (of 16 players) should last approximately 2-3 hours and will consist of double-elimination tournaments, with eight Standard League and eight Hardcore League players competing in a series of 1v1 matches to crown an overall winner in Standard and in Hardcore. These competitors will then fight a grudge match to determine an overall winner of their region’s invitational. All participants have been selected based on their performance during this season’s weekly PvP events and tournaments.
Two of Grinding Gear Games’ major partners — Razer and KARMA KOIN: The Online Game Card — are the official sponsors of PvP Season One, and will be providing prizes to the winners of the invitational this weekend. Razer will be giving away its award-winning gaming peripherals, used by some of the world’s top eSports players, and KARMA KOIN will be giving away online gaming currency.
For more information about the Path of Exile PvP Season One America and Europe Invitationals, please visit pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1175283.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shotgun News 8/29: Merc Elite, SOE Layoffs, Stronghold Crusader 2, and More
- MMO News from SOE, Wargaming, Merc Elite and much more
- Neighborhoods revealed for Forge of Empires
- Innogames has detailed the neighborhood system for Forge of Empires.
- Novus AEterno: New Update on Economics and Syndicates
- Taitale Studios has just released a news update for their crowdfunded MMORTS title Novus AEterno, with new details regarding the game's e...