Path of Exile: The Awakening Supporter Packs Achieve Record Sales
Grinding Gear Games is pleased to announce it has seen unprecedented sales of its recently introduced Supporter Packs that provide early access to the closed beta of Path of Exile: The Awakening. Grinding Gear began selling access for early entrance into the beta of The Awakening on April 28th and sales have set multiple records within the Path of Exile community. Proceeds from the Supporter Pack sales fund the continued development and expansion of the game.
Since the game’s release in October 2013, Path of Exile continues to be one of the most successful ‘ethical free to play’ games, with over 11.5 million players worldwide. The game continues to thrive due to the support of its player community, existing on micro-transaction sales for cosmetic in-game items that do not alter character performance.
In addition to offering access to The Awakening’s closed beta, Grinding Gear has also announced that it has introduced another new facet to the game. Divination Cards are a new type of item that drops from monsters that players encounter while playing Path of Exile: The Awakening. Sets of cards can be traded later in the game for special items that are referenced on the cards. Additionally, Grinding Gear is offering the opportunity for players that contribute at the Highland Supporter level to design their very own Divination Cards, putting their personalized mark on Path of Exile. More details about the Divination Card system and various The Awakening supporter packs can be found at https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase.
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Legends Season 6 and Jhin Review
- The nature of social media is also changing with League of Legends! Clubs and party features are well on the way, not now but in the future.
- Guild Wars 2 - Teaser revealed for Entanglement Update
- Today, the ArenaNet team is here to introduce the teaser video for Episode 2 of their living world series for Guild Wars 2, known as "Ent...
- Aion Celebrates its 5th Anniversary
- Throughout the celebration, players will experience added buffs, increased item drop rates, interaction with GMs, special armor and plenty of ...